lets get going..the 590 rocks....
i think there is a youtube video of one lifting (8k lbs)? with the hoe. ill try to find it
8100 lbs bin there a few times myself:notworthy:notworthy in my time ive had a few machines ,5 .580s loved them but once i got on the 590 wow what a diff..so now i,m on 590 #3 lol .......i also have had a few excavatiors..jd 690,790 cat312,315 ,,link built 2800 ,,200 hitachi,,and a 120,,,sweet machines:drinkup spent a year working in the bush on a 2400 logger jd hoe very nice.
I miss the Super L's. Enough said.:usa
What's the difference?
590 vs. 580.... more power, better balance, reach, more hydralic flow. I think a 590 is a little bit smoother than a 580.
The only difference I can see is that the 590 has larger tires and wider wheels. Is the hydraulic pump different? Is there any other difference?
THe 590 has more horsepower, wider loader bucket wider stabalizer stance, larger rear and front tires, wider tire stance, heavier axles, heavier frame and backhoe boom and dipper and has 15 foot standard digging depth without extendahoe versus 14 foot for the 580Ls and larger backhoe cylinders. The 590 is basicly a 580 on steroids. They are alot better at craning than the 580s.
Great site. I just found it today. I wish I'd have found it 2 months ago when I started looking for a backhoe (first machine I've bought bigger than a 40hp farm tractor). Having read through some of the threads I think I did OK. Found an 03 590 SM with under 2000 hours, extendahoe and plumbed for a clam loader bucket, open cab. The thing is tight, looks like it's been kept under cover for most of its life. I looked at a lot of machines and had narrowed it down to Deere, Case, Cat in that order, targeting a 310SG but this thing came along and seemed like the best value after looking at it. I'll be bugging you guys for technical advice I'm sure...
I've never run a 580, so I have no firsthand experience of the differences in the two, but I'm glad I ended up with the 590 after reading this. Thanks for the info!