Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fremont Reservoir Construction Pictures

fensoncont. ยท 2009-04-26 00:05

The pictures are from the Fremont Upground Reservoir Project. The contractor is Trucco Construction out of Delaware, Ohio. They need to have 1/3 of the reservoir constructed by June 30th. There is 167,000 CY of Topsoil to truck off-site. I believe there is around 950,000 CY of cut/fill. The specs said double handling of the material will be typical for construction of the reservoirs embankment, after the subsoil is excavated it needs to be classified, stockpiled into 4 categories, then used in the embankment. The site consist of some very poor soils. I don't think they will have to double handle all of it, but I would think some of it since the spec said it. I guess we will wait and see. The engineer didn't provide many quantities, my takeoff showed 36,302 Ton of Natural Sand to be trucked in. Also, 51,629 Ton of Rip Rap. The complete fleet includes: (4) 627G, (2) Case 480HD Quad Track w/Renyolds 17 E 10.5 Pans, Challenger MT 865B w/ K-Tec 1225 Pan (2) Case 9170, Case 9380 w/Renyolds 17 E 10.5 Pan, Cat 825G w/GPS, Cat D7R, Cat D6N XL w/GPS, Ingersoll Rand SD, Komatsu PC 300 LC, disk, spare drag and pan. They haven't started the bulk earthwork yet, I'm guessing we'll see some type of WW and grader soon. I saw one light tower on-site, maybe we'll see some more for around-the-clock work. I hope to get some pics during construction. The cost of the project is $5,272,000 Feel free to ask questions and request more pics.

Replies12
  1. #1fensoncont.2009-04-26 00:09

    Pics ....

  2. #2fensoncont.2009-04-26 00:12

    More Pics ....

  3. #3N.CarolinaDozer2009-04-26 09:45

    Nice lineup of equipment. Good to see you are staying busy with an awesome looking job. Keep us posted as the progress goes on.

  4. #4D5G2009-04-26 09:54

    Great shots Nolan...keep em commin!

  5. #5fensoncont.2009-04-27 21:55

    Thanks guys, hopefully I can take lots of shots over the summer. Unfortunately the project is an hour and half from where I live. Will be taking shots of some large highway projects this summer as well.

  6. #6bear2009-04-27 22:39

    Nice looking job there. Take pics as you can. Anything unusual/odd/out of normal procedure is my request. Oh... and have fun.

  7. #7cletrac2009-05-04 21:51

    Do you have any pictures of the mechanics truck they fliped with the 627?

  8. #8fensoncont.2009-05-04 21:53

    I'm confused, please explain your question. ??

  9. #9bear2009-05-04 23:08

    Cletrac you haven't seen something and not told us about it have you?

  10. #10cletrac2009-05-13 19:01

    The IMT dealer in Columbus has a truck that they replaced the doors and repaired the boom. I was told they filped it .

  11. #11hvy 1ton2009-05-13 19:57

    Anyone else notice the Quadtrac isn't really a Quadtrac? I always forget the name of the company, but they make aftermarket Quadtrac-type kits. I've always seen them on JD, put i guess it makes sense to make CNH kits.

  12. #12Chris917862009-05-13 20:50

    The 865 is a bad mofo, but a real pain to remove the tranny from due to the fact that you have to disassemble the entire machine.