Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Summer Pic compilation

D5G ยท 2009-04-25 10:50

Hello Everyone, Last summer I was lucky enough to get to see an over 100 year old house being moved, which was very interesting (wether you agree with it or not). I have only now had the chance to put a few of the first pics together, this first video shows a little bit of the dirt work involved. I think I will have two more parts when its all said and done, but I thought I would share the first video with you guys: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4qas_5anQ Please let me know what you think of it. I have attached a few of the still shots to the thread. Thanks, Mike

Replies9
  1. #1bill53622009-04-25 16:08

    D5G Thanks for sharing I find the house and building moves interesting as well, the brick ones still kind of amaze me.

  2. #2D5G2009-04-25 16:49

    Bill, I appreciate the responce, thanks! I very much enjoy photographing the unusual jobs that one is sometimes lucky to come across. I have part two done, it can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EszgGhODLo&feature=channel it show the house on its trek westward. I will have at least one more video to complete the move, maybe 2 more, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for the interest, part 3 will be along soon. :usa

  3. #3fensoncont.2009-04-25 23:53

    That is awesome Mike, I bet it was very cool seeing it in person. Thanks for sharing.

  4. #4EZ TRBO2009-04-26 11:41

    House moving is always an interesting project. Its amazing what we can do when you put your mind to it. Thanks for sharing. Trbo

  5. #5D5G2009-04-26 17:43

    Thanks guys! I am still working on Part 3, hopefully it will be done tonight.

  6. #6landrvrnut222009-04-27 09:24

    No pictures of the loader following behind to pickup the loose bricks? That stupid house cost $1 Million to move, and restore, all to put up crappy apartments that are going to get trashed by students, and end up as section 8 in 3 years. The University has all clearly stated it will not buy the apartments, as they are stick framed, and really poorly built. To top it off a company from Texas is going to manage it? I'll get off my soapbox. Nice pictures anyhow.

  7. #7D5G2009-04-27 09:49

    I didn't see the loader, but I heard about it. Didn't hear that the university isn't going to buy those apartments...thats really terrible. I was very suprised to see wood construction, why not stick with the commercial method? I also didn't hear about the company from Texas....it sure sounds like its getting out of hand, thats for sure.

  8. #8landrvrnut222009-04-27 13:46

    I have done alot of research on it, as we are looking to build newer apartments closer to campus. It is great to re-develop the downtown area, but this plan was not well thought out. Plus at $600 a bed, and a mile from campus, how many students are really going to want to live there?

  9. #9Wolf2009-04-27 14:25

    cool pictures, man. keep them coming.