I've heard from the original owners that some of the terracing on my farm property was done during the WPA. On the property there's a tank who's dam sides are extremely steep...much steeper than what you normally see around here on most dozer-constructed stock tanks. Because of the angles, a visitor to the farm once commented that it looked as if the original constructors had used a mule or horse-drawn fresno to excavate the tank. Any comments? Insight?
My dad said they used Fresnos to build a RR spur to a rock pit when he was little boy. They used the rock on Galveston seawall, he said they had some big red mules pulling it. I know where there is one in an old abandoned barn. When work slows down I'll go over there and take some pics and post them. I have worked for some asses before but never behind them.