Well, after finishing my operators course 4 weeks ago and searching non stop for work I finally found something ! Start tomorrow morning with a small local company, nice and close too. I figure I'll be doing my fair share of labour work but I'll get to run a bit of equipment too and get some experience that I don't have. This is all pretty new to me. Lets hope for the best.
Let me be the first to say congrats! :drinkup
We'll all drink to that ... but don't be late tomorrow morning!!!
Congratulations, nice going. And let us know how it works out and what kind of work they'll have you doing. A little labor (or labour, in your case) never hurt anyone--and it keeps you in good shape too (so you can consume more beers:drinkup
Congradulations, I knew you would find somthing And you were worried
Congradulations:drinkup
good luck
Told ya not to get too discouraged Starting with a smaller company is always the best way to start. You will start out using the shovel and rake along with the grade checker man. You need to watch the operators your working with its how I learned. What ever you do is don't roll the machine over or break something Good Luck with the new job I would also consider going for your class 1 (A) or Class 3 (B) license too.
Best time of the year to start too lots of overtime Hopefully busy there as it is here,boss had 93 calls so far this week for his backhoe.