Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Friction modifier for wet brakes

Andy1845c ยท 2024-11-03 21:31

Does anyone have a generic suggestion for this- Purchase 8522043S FLUID FRICTION MODIFIER (32 OZ JLG Parts | Original JLG Parts | Replacement Parts for JLG Equipment for Sale | Diagrams and Parts Lists Available 8522043S | GCIRON.COM sells new OEM replacement parts for JLG, SkyTrak, Gradall, Lull, Genie, SkyJack, Upright, Snorkel, Terex, MultiQuip, Wacker Nueson, APT, EDCO, IHI, Kato. A full line of engine parts from Deutz, Cummins, Ford, Kubota, and GM. Your one source for all of your Genuine Parts. www.gciron.com Not only is a bottle like 90 some dollars, it triples the shipping on my order. I have to think this is something generic they just slap the Skytrack name on? Is it just to help the brakes not chatter? I had to take one of my finals apart today after the brake started leaking.

Replies6
  1. #1tractormech2024-11-06 18:02
  2. #2tractormech2024-11-06 18:02

    I did one a while back and they gave me this

  3. #3willie592024-11-06 19:48

    Most wet diff with brakes that I've worked on use tractor transmission fluid, which already has modifiers to prevent brake chatter. Any good quality tractor trans fluid should work, or you could go with the high dollar stuff like Deere Hy-gard or Case Hytrans, Cat likely has a good fluid as well, just don't know what it's called.

  4. #492U 34062024-11-06 21:26

    Cat does have an additive. I've had to use it in their telehandlers and backhoes in the past.

  5. #5kshansen2024-11-07 08:20

    What we used from Cat in machines with wet brakes to stop the chatter was Cat 1U9891.

  6. #692U 34062024-11-07 14:02

    That's the stuff I'm thinking of.