I read a post below and damn last Friday it happened to me .......Frame above front axle cracked and 5 of the 8 bolts holding front axle in place broke ..while we were tearing her down time to replace pins in neck and throat ...Pics coming
welds gouged and crack veed ....Oh and im not doing this a certified retired welder is
pan pulled a part to replace pins in throat and neck
Ohh doesn't that look like fun............
Look how nice it will be when you get her done .
Well it depends on if you are paying or getting paid to to the job! I always like it when the boss from another plant came to the shop to see how repairs were going on "his" machine and we had parts spread all over the place! Or the time I was suppose to be fixing a wiring problem on an old Terex haul truck and my boss came in as I was cutting and tossing wires out the cab window! He asked if I found the problem. I think I said something like,"No but it won't be there when I'm done!". Later the next day the truck was back in service and ran for the rest of it's time with no electrical problems.
LOL, had a D7G transmission laid all out on a five foot by ten foot shop table, boxes of bearings, seals, clutch plates, just about to start reassembly. Owner walks in, looks at the display with a bit of wonder, turns to me and says "I've never seen one of these all apart before!" and I of course responed "huh, me neither!" Made his day, LOL. Met up with that same machine five or six years later, it was traded in to the Deere dealer I worked at then... still going strong except the steering clutches were slipping by then.
Lantraxco, That is very close to one of my stories! Was down at a gravel bed in southern part of NY working on a 966C. Problem in hydraulic control do not recall the exact problem. Anyhow like you had the valve all out and pieces spread out on table. Frenchy, the plant foreman, a real nice guy, stopped by to see what was going on with one of his main pieces of equipment. He asked if this was a common problem with the valves. Just like you my response was "Don't know I never had to take one apart before today!" Guess I made some good points with him that day as I put it back together and the loader was working again!
Heavy equipment repair, it's not for the weak or timid! LOL
we are paying im didn't make the call the boss did and I thankful he did ...its more then I cant do ...I have my plate full ...
If I'v said it once, I'v said it a thousand times..." you guys work to hard "... :notworthy I GUESS.. That's why its called.." HEAVY EQUIPMENT FORUM " and NOT sissy injection pump forum..??? Lol I cant tell you guys the # of times, I'v been on a jobsite and figured out a wacky problem for someone else, JUST BY READING THIS FORUM..!!! Keep up the GREAT WORK..!!!
Pumpguy, without guys like you all this heavy equipment would be nothing but overgrown paperweights or doorstops!
had to detach the tractor from the pan to repack the cushion hitch cylinder on this 627. feel a little bit of your pain
Old girl is up and together and ran 18 hours in 2 days still strong
Good to hear its back to work and doing fine.
:drinkup