Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Front Bushings loose fit

Jeffrey Bandel ยท 2024-10-28 12:43

2013 CAT0299DLGTC00836. I am replacing pins and bushings up front. The new inside bushings are loose with play. The outside bushings I had to hammer in. Is there an oversize od bushing for it?

Replies4
  1. #1Vetech632024-10-28 13:10

    I would bet the bore is oblonged

  2. #2Jeffrey Bandel2024-10-28 13:12

    A little

  3. #3Nige2024-10-28 13:42

    There are only standard bushings available. Cat's recommendation is always to refurbish a worn bore back to standard size by line-boring. It's basically a 4-step process to get everything in the lift arm back to factory specification. 1. Machine the bore oversize until it is circular, clean, and a fair bit oversize to allow a good thickness of weld to be applied. 2. Weld up the bore until it is a well undersize, IMO at least 1/8" under. 3. Machine back to factory diameter specification. 4. Freeze new standard bushes in liquid nitrogen to shrink. Slide into place by hand and smoke a cigarette while the bush and arm temperatures equalise. Reassemble. Happy daze........

  4. #4Jeffrey Bandel2024-10-28 17:24

    Thanks Nige. That's what I was figuring. I can do everything except the line boring...