Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Front counterweight for 580b backhoe?

69chevelle ยท 2012-10-18 23:21

Could someone tell me how much weight would be good for a Front counterweight for my 580B. I am thinking about building one to keep the Pucker factor down a little while loading it on my trailer. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1robin yates uk2012-10-19 06:29

    no pucker factor if you reverse the machine on I think

  2. #2blademan1502012-10-19 07:03

    We filled our tires with old anti freeze mix we got when we would flush and fill the cooling systems on the equipment.

  3. #3TheOldMan2012-10-19 07:40

    I had a problem with my 580C the same way, We were placing a 55 gal plastic barrel of water in the loader bucket, which really helps. Found a front counterweight in a construction vehicle wrecking yard that is made for the front of the machine, weighs about 700#. What a difference!!!

  4. #469chevelle2012-10-20 01:21

    Well i have put 800lbs of quikcrete bags in the front bucket before and that worked pretty good, alot easier than a scoop of dirt and having to shovel it out once loaded.Ihave backed one on before but it seemed like it put too much weight on the tongue of my trailer. I might just go ahead and pour some 80lbs blocks of quikcrete and throw them in the bucket then unload them and strap them down on my trailer.

  5. #5tuney4432012-10-24 01:33

    I have 2 250 lb. counterweights for a JD 410G I could sell you cheap but Arkiesaw is a long waaaaay away.Freight would kill you.

  6. #669chevelle2012-10-24 21:44

    Lol!! yeah thats a few miles away, I will keep that in mind I appreciate that.