Hey all! I just bought my first TLB and am a newbie to the forum. Having a hard time trying to find stuff through the search engine here. Even in the advanced search I can't seem to search for exact matches and it doesn't like short terms ie. "pdf". Also when I search for .pdf it says nothing found when I know for a fact the term exists in the posts. Am I using it wrong, or is there another way to search? Anyhow, FYI my hoe is a CASE D) 580 Super E built in 1986(I say 86 cause that is what the dealer had it listed as, apparently it is a bit harder to confirm the date through the PIN 17039839 then one would assume). I paid $9900 for it. It has 2wd, regular hoe, and 4-in-1 loader. Main issues are leaky injection pump throttle seal, some guages not working, and some leaky hyd. cylinders but totally usable as is. Of course first thing to do is give it a good cleaning to find all other issues, and change all fluids/filters. That being said, I would really appreciate any info that could lead me to free(prefer without registration) downloadable .pdf files for all the manuals related to this machine. Also, was looking under machine and noticed the drive spline which appears to be coming out of the transmission just below main drive shaft...anyone know what this is used for? Could this machine be upgraded to 4x4? Thanks for any help you can provide. :drinkup
That shaft is for the parking brake, there is suppost be a inch thick steel disk on it. there is all so a manual brake caliper bolted on the front of the transmission.
You can see some pictures here of the spline and brake, IF yours does not have the parking brake inside the transaxle. (I think some did) I do not know if it can be converted to a 4x4 or not, but if so I suspect it would be a pretty big deal. If you are missing all the parking brake parts, this alone will cost a few hundred dollars. If you could convert it to a 4x4 the parking brake would seem to be a totally different setup somehow. Maybe someone with a 580SE 4x4 can tell you more.
Oh wow, really appreciate the info. Thanks guys! That explains things a bit. All I have is a bare shaft there and the cable is zip tied up to the chassis. Guess I'll keep my eyes out for those parts. And no worries about the pdf manuals. I finally gave up the search and ordered the CD. :usa