Hey! I just got my new to me Case 580K backhoe. Yes, I am a little disappointed - bought at an auction from L & L just south of Nashville. Not described accurately in my opinion. So... I need to replace the right front axle spindle bushings. Where can I buy them? I have other newbie questions like where do I refill the diesel? under the small hood LH side? I don't want to accidentally pour diesel in the hydraulics... I also need tires. Where is the best place to purchase (even take offs would be OK) the tires were listed as good - far from it. gouges, weather cracked and bald.... Thanks in advance.
Tires ---- buy new ones they aren't that expensive. Used tires will be a disappointment. Been there done that. I have been buying parts from Dale for many years. I bought some bushings from him monday morning and they were in my mailbox on Wednesday. http://e-backhoeparts.com/ Here is a little info for you. Take notice of the brake fluid !
Did you buy it sight unseen?
Yes, I spoke to the owner of L and L equipment. He sounded sincere. He answered my questions. But the definition of good tires must be anything that almost holds air. Blatant defects were not pointed out such as the missing bearing on the king pin causing the front wheel to lean in at an unusual angle. The pictures provided where placed just high or low enough to hide the obvious defects.
How was the machine represented? If possible look and see if there are other bad reviews from this seller.
If I can find the link I will leave negative feedback from the Auction house. But I am upset with the Auction house as well.... How do you load images to this site? I won the Auction at $8100 - Then an hour afterward they restarted the Auction. I won the auction again only this time for $9100. When I complained they stated that there was a computer glitch. I owed $9100. After seeing the backhoe - I wouldn't have given over $6000.
When I complained they simply stated that they had more and better Attorneys than I had. When I consulted 2 different Attorneys, they said it wasn't worth the fight.
Quit beating yourself up Joe. $9100.00 isn't an outrageous price for that 580K. Unless there is a lot more things wrong with it. Hopefully the axle isn't damaged. King pins and bearing aren't terribly expensive. If you live in Iowa I would have thought a cab would of been a top priority. Your experience shows why someone has to inspect anything in an auction before you even think about bidding on it.
Sounds like a pretty shady place to deal with. To say they have more and better attorneys and then somehow starting the auction back up to get another $1000. Maybe the better question is why they need more and better attorneys?
Funny thing, you are the second person to say that to me......
If you have a lawyer you currently use ask them a quick question about the $1000 increase because of a so called computer glitch. Most attorneys will give a free consultation anyway. It just seems very suspect to me. Kind of like what is the amount we can get away with where it's not worth the buyer going after us? If there's other reviews of this place see if any other buyers have had a similar experience.
Apparently there were other upset patrons as well...
Maybe it's worth looking into if there is a consumer protection bureau for the state/federal that would investigate them, especially if multiple buyers have complaints. Wouldn't cost anything to lodge a complaint. Maybe it's time to hold this place accountable. https://www.ftc.gov/about-ftc/burea...r-protection/about-bureau-consumer-protection
I have used the attorney generals office here in MN. to go after DEX yellow page advertising when they tried billing me for advertising I did not authorize.I had first tried dealing with DEX with no response.About 2 weeks after contacting the attorney general I got a call from a DEX representative apologizing profusely and they credited me for all the payments taken from my CC.This service is free and in my case very effective.
Yea, if they're found to be illegal billing, no amount of attorneys is going to help them.
best we all pay with a credit card, then if the deal is bad, contact credit company, if they think deal is bad they will reverse charges, put money back into your account, and they go legation with seller,,, if a seller will not except credit card on a sell, thats good for us, we have then missed a bad deal GOOD LUCK its bad to work out money and some crook try yo takes it
Of course the auction specified certified check or wire transfer only....