Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

hello!

onehandman1 ยท 2020-01-24 21:24

Hello Everyone, New to the forum. Purchased a 2005 Case Super M series 2 earlier this year with 5100 Hours. Ran it all summer putting 140 hours on it. So far so good(other than putting a stick through the rad the first weekend in the woods. Its winter out, so its time to put it in the barn and do some pin/bushing work. Was able to get he boom off in 1 1/2 hours not too bad. I look forward to speaking to everyone. One question I do have. How much slop in the back how bucket is too much? Pins and bushing in the backhoe bucket that is.

Replies8
  1. #1Theweldor2020-01-24 21:33

    Welcome to the Forum Slop in the pins and bushings is entirely up to you. I have customers that have me line bore, pin and bush with .030 slop. There are others that you can throw a cat threw them before they decide they need them fixed.

  2. #2onehandman12020-01-24 21:46

    Thanks the welder, Don't the machines already have bushings in them to press out and push back in?

  3. #3Theweldor2020-01-24 21:55

    Yes they do. but sometimes the bores that the bushings press into also get worn to the point that the bushings are somewhat loose.

  4. #4onehandman12020-01-24 22:07

    Theweldor, that makes sense. I don't believe this is the case on this one. It has more slop than I would like that's for sure. I'm going to tackle the swing arm bushings tomorrow, and the bucket next. I guess most people would go the other way, but I'm not most people. I must say, it is pretty incredible what these machines are. Its nice to have A/C heat and a radio.

  5. #5Tinkerer2020-01-25 08:36

    Welcome to HEF, onehandman ! Replace any bushings that have any excessive clearance in them. I have a swing cylinder rod going to a hydraulic shop next week to have the eye of it cut off and replaced. The previous owner didn't grease it enough. The bushing started tuning in the rod eye until it became loose and elongated the bore. I greased it a lot for a long time. But when swinging the boom while digging it became too hard to accurately stop the bucket where I wanted it.

  6. #6funwithfuel2020-01-25 08:47

    Welcome, glad to read you're not afraid of maintenance. Good deal

  7. #7onehandman12020-01-25 20:40

    I don't mind the maintenance portion. I was able to get 4 bushings knocked out today 1 back in. One bushing is being a PITA I heated the outer diameter, and froze the bushing and still am getting a bur Bushing goes in decent about 1/2 way then stops. Tried it twice get a similar bushing in the same place.. I plan on spinning up a bushing press tomorrow to see if I can "press" it in with a 3/4" threaded rod.

  8. #8onehandman12020-01-26 20:03

    Good news everyone, I was able to cut some bushing "drivers" and press all the swing arm pivot bushings in. Next it to get the JD 1025R over to the barn, and push the big ol girl back into the Backhoe portion.