Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Frozen Ground and Track Wear or Damage

bberry ยท 2014-12-30 15:20

Have new 35D on the way and here it is bare ground and frozen. I am wondering about how the rubber tracks hold up to these conditions. Commonly 20 degrees here all day. Should I wait until warmer weather or not worry about it.

Replies5
  1. #1maddog2014-12-30 17:51

    I never worried about running my rubber track machines in the cold, never had an issue.

  2. #2john hofer2014-12-30 20:32

    got all kinds of rubber track equipment,the biggest killer is mud.It just seems to wreck whatever it comes in contact with.

  3. #3Shimmy12014-12-30 22:55

    Tracks should be fine, I'd be more concerned with how you're going to hold the machine in one spot.

  4. #4Firemanmike692015-01-01 09:46

    Be careful about it freezing to the ground if it thaws then gets cold again

  5. #5tuney4432015-01-01 13:51

    Just like steel tracks in the Winter,I always park my tracks on wood.