just bought 70's mod td15 good old machine. been sitting about 10 yr. some of pin and bushing froze. the tractor had just had new pin and bushing installed before being parked. any ideas for freeing up? If can't get loose will have try take off and go track shop and push out and reinstall. live in north al. not any shadetree track shops left. anyone know of one in area? tractor will move makes rough ride. thanks for any help
Yair . . . pecgary. Mostly they will free up. Track it back and forth through water for a while and see what happens . . . and keep adjusting the tracks out tight. Cheers.
I ran into that same problem with a PC-150 excavator; new pins and bushings, but immersed in salt and consequently some, not all links were seized. I had to remove both track assemblies, bring to a track press, and relubricate the pin-bushings. Works great now; no loping.
Pour some diesel on the tracks for a few days, then try and move back and forth.
Like scrub puller said, keep the rails tight. Its a older machine, so I doubt it has lubricated rails, so the diesel trick should work.
Add some used oil to the diesel fuel. A two gallon pump-up style weed sprayer works really well to apply it.
My experience, the diesel and oil method works and it is lot cheaper than pushing pins out. I was trying to sell my dads 1956 AC H15 dozer a few years back, it had sat since early 70s. I got the old Detroit engine running within a minute but it would not move due to frozen tracks. An old dozer operator told to me to spray it with old hydraulic oil but I used 1 gal of old diesel and 1 gal of old motor oil in a sprayer as Tinkerer stated, sprayed for two weeks everyday, broke free a soon as I drove it but I burned up the left clutch trying to move it before I sprayed it. I wish I had kept it...
Thank all replies trying soaking now
I've heard covering them under water will free frozen pins & bushings.Don't know how long though.