Someone stole the fuel cap off my excavator in the auction yard before I picked it up... thanks a lot. Dealer wants $250 for a new fuel cap, so I ordered an aftermarket one. Part # PW20P01282P1 My fuel filler neck is 50mm ID but the new cap is 66mm ID. I've confirmed with other vendors that their caps are all for 66 mm ID filler necks. No idea why mine would be different - it's an import machine, maybe that's why. Anyone know of a cap for something else with two locking tabs that would fit? Doesn't have to be locking.
I think something like this would fill the bill. I, too, am looking for a new tank cap for a compactor. But I still have the old one (it's missing the rubber gasket), so there's no real hurry on my part. I plan on getting an Amazon cap.
Finally found one, it was for a Komatsu pc30/pc35/etc but it fits my (import?) Case CX36B. Took a long time to find a store that wasn't just a drop ship operation and would actually go into their inventory and measure what they had, surprised that it ended up being an Aliexpress store "YUESHUN Excavator parts" that came through for me. Fridayparts tried to find one but couldn't find one, although I'm sure they carry this cap.
A large industrial or automotive supply may have had a cap to fit but I'm not sure if metric and standard sizes cross or if manufacturers like Stant have metric size caps.