Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Komatsu PC200-6 cummins swap

GreenGP ยท 2024-08-08 01:19

Hi guys! How hard would it be to swap a komatsu s6d95l-1 engine to a 6bt 5.9 cummins? The cummins engine is cheaper and way more easier to get parts for if needed. My current engine is tired

Replies2
  1. #1SlatcoAu2024-08-08 10:57

    I am actually doing that very thing on a PC220-7. I picked up a 6BT that is in good shape from a ground power unit for aircraft and am swapping it. Previous owner installed a chinese clone 5.9 and it has a ton of leaks and blowby hence the replacement. I just googled your engine in the -6 machine and it does not look like a 5.9 like the SAA6D102E that is in the -7 so it may not be as easy. One thing to note, you need to have the proper governor on your injection pump- needs to be a industrial or ag one and not the truck one.

  2. #2GreenGP2024-08-08 17:26

    Ok thanks. Would you think it's better to get an older 12v mechanical? There is much wiring to run the s6d95l-1. So I figured it shouldn't be too hard. Only hard parts is figuring governor or any other electronics