Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Consumption?

yzman14 · 2015-08-29 15:02

I'm in the market for an excavator and I know roughly what I'm looking for. Ill be doing a lot of land clearing (occasional big hard rock maple to be moved but mostly your standard firewood and lumber sized trees), fence line clearing, ditching, a mile long road and a large pond to be dug. I would like to know the average fuel consumption of the following excavators: 1. Hitachi ZX270LC and ZX270LC-3 2. Hitachi ZX330LC and ZX350LC-3 3. Deere 270C LC and 270D LC 4. Deere 330C LC and 350D LC 5. Cat 330CL and 330DL 6. Komatsu PC270LC-7 and LC-8 7. Komatsu PC300LC-7 and LC-8 If any one has operated these machines, let me know! Also let me know of any major issues and what not that one of these machines may have!

Replies2
  1. #1buckfever2015-08-29 17:32

    I have a 330c LC and running it hard for 10 hours it will burn close to 100 gallons of fuel.

  2. #2Shimmy12015-08-29 21:34

    Just curious as to what kind of decision you're looking to make based on this info. While I realize that over, say, 2000 hrs. as much as 2 gal/hr difference will equate to a somewhat substantial number, you should probably be basing your choice of machine on the merits of said machine. Fuel consumption might factor into the decision, but I surely wouldn't give it too much weight. MUCH more important if buying a new machine. Just my 2¢ though.