Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Consumption Comparison Cat vs JD

smoothoperator ยท 2014-03-26 10:34

Trying to look at this with an open mind. Caterpillar 140M2 AWD and John Deere 772GP Tier 4, are the machines that are within our bid specs. Can anybody give me some fuel consumption figures? I know it will vary with what type of work you are doing, but taking all variables, what might your averages be? We have been averaging 4.5-7 during normal maintenance blading and light to medium snow removal, and 7.5-9 doing heavier dirtwork and heavy snowplowing. smoothoperator.....just wondering

Replies1
  1. #1Cat 140M AWD2014-03-26 23:56

    I run a 140M AWD2 and I have ben averageing 4 to 5 gallons and hr for regualr road blading when I'm plowing snow or doing dirt work it goes through 6 to 7 gallons an hr depends how hard your working it. I demoed a new 772 GP and that blade drinks fuel it was using 7 gallons an hr for light road blading that's all I got to do with it when I demoed it I'm guessing around 13 to 14 for dirt work or plowing snow