So i picked up a used 30 gallon tank from work to use as a transfer tank on my property. Was told the tank had been flushed. I wired up the pump to my trailer plug. Put an inline filter on the line. Everything works great. But.... Fuel is really milky. More of an off yellow color. And when I put some on a paper towel. Sort of darker brownish orangish splotches. The fuel will now be for fire starting. But what should I flush the tank with? And what the hell could have been in it?
Just hope it ain't DEF!!!
Sounds like water and rust . Will it even fire up? Was anything in it before you put fuel in ?
It was minimal if anything. I'm not going to run it in my skidsteer. Ill pump it out into cans for burning. What I need to know is what to use to flush it before refilling
Don't try to "flush" it. That was the beginning of the problem, block it so every thing flows to one corner and suck all the fluid out with an air operated vacuum and allow it to dry.
After you empty it put a rag on a stick,wipe it around and see what you come up with. If you get rust you may have to “boil” out the tank and get it sealed. Free stuff isn’t always free.
I think I'll get a new tank entirely for the skidsteer. Keep fire starting fuel in that one. Thanks for the replies. Just glad I didn't run any of it