Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fuel costs for equipment type poll

Bearmtnmartin ยท 2008-04-19 01:59

hi, I have been looking at downsizing my fleet to save on fuel and maintenance, and I am curious to know what fleets with various mixes of equipment are paying for fuel as a percentage of revenue. I thought that would be a good way to determine if one class of equipment might return a better margin than another. I am guessing that the more fuel you burn, the higher your maintenance probably is as well. I have a tandem dump truck, and a rubber tire backhoe that make me most of my money, and last year my fuel (including my pickup and my wifes minivan) cost me 8 per cent of my total income. I would like to hear other figures, and what equipment you burn the fuel in. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.