Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel filter?

blacky705 · 2025-03-16 17:29

Hi, I'm doing a service on a new to me backhoe. It a 2008 New Holland B95 dealer sold me 2 fuel filters and for the life of me I can't find where the second one is located. Any idea? The one in the picture is the old one and has been replaced. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2025-03-17 02:12

    Shouldn't be hard to see if there is a second filter. Maybe on the other side of the engine or under the cab? Know someone with a Case tractor with a hidden filter under the cab. It's also possible you only have 1 filter. The dealer should have a diagram of where the filters are.

  2. #2aighead2025-03-17 07:01

    Hmm... I'm wondering now if I've missed a fuel filter somewhere... I've got a lb75b, but I only know of one filter but it appears to be twice the size as what you've got there. Mine is on the right side of the engine (from driver's seat facing the loader) and can't be more clear. I'm guessing yours is hidden somewhere, if there is really a second one somewhere. Also, is it really a filter? That one says "Fuel/Water separator" on it...

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-03-17 07:35

    If it’s not readily apparent then you probably only have one. It’s not like they would put them on different sides. Sometimes they only have a big fuel and water separator and then they might have one of those small inline filters.

  4. #4heymccall2025-03-17 07:51

    Looking in B95 catalog, these are what I see.

  5. #5blacky7052025-03-18 10:56

    Thanks for the replies guys, if I get time I'll go to machine and give it one move through look over to see what I can find.

  6. #6blacky7052025-03-19 16:39

    Well my son-in-law and I went over the machine and and we're satisfied that there is no second fuel filter. Did do a transmission oil change and cleaned the screen. Also did another hydraulic tank change after exercising all the hydraulics to get more water out of the system. There are a few grease fittings that I'm going to have to deal with. Cheers

  7. #7Vetech632025-03-19 16:43

    Bring donuts next time!

  8. #8blacky7052025-03-19 16:47

    lol