Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel filter compatibility

sdavies2000 · 2023-06-13 09:59

Hitachi zx200-3 I am in the process of replacing the fuel filters in this machine and the fuel filters that came out have a different style inlet than the new ones going in. The part numbers on the old ones cross reference to these new baldwins. Old filters 122719FK2 8981527371R New filters (Baldwin) PF7984 PF7983 The old filters had a series of 3 zig zags on the inlet hole which matched up with 3 zig zags on the inside of the filter housing. The new filters don’t have those zig zags and the collar is shorter. Style that came out New style Looking up inside the filter housing Are these new filters acceptable to use? I know being after market, they’ve probably made them in such a way to cover multiple machine applications but I don’t want to install them and try to use them and find out they don’t work or my machine is damaged. Thanks

Replies0

No replies yet.