Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel filter location …D4h2Catapillar

dennis sanders ยท 2017-03-24 00:55

Feel stupid but where is the fuel filter located on a D4h2Catapillar. ...and does it have a manual lift pump to bleed air out of the filter. Serial#8PBO42858F2044

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2017-03-24 07:50

    Not sure why I'm having trouble with the S/N in SIS, but I think this may give you some hints: Note that it says some do and some don't have the priming pumps.

  2. #2dennis sanders2017-03-24 10:54

    Im not sure where the filter is located.....that is the serial number....i may have read it wrong......8PBO4285 Engine serial 45V90658#7E2301

  3. #3kshansen2017-03-24 19:43

    Did you open that file I included in my first reply? Just on a wild guess I made a slight change to the S/N you posted, 8PB04285 seems I was cheating and using copy and past on my computer. In case you do not see the difference the "0" after the B is a zero not an "O". Computers can be so fussy about little things like that! Now SIS recognizes the S?N and shows it as: D4H TRACK-TYPE TRACTOR Machine Serial Number - 8PB04285 (Build Date - 11/05/1990) With a list as long as my arm of the various arrangements used to make it. It does look like this machine has the basic spin on secondary fuel filter and the screen type primary strainer like many other Cat machines. Does not seem to be equipped wit a hand priming pump as it has a block off plate on the primary fuel filter head where the hand priming pump would be mounted. If there is room and access in that area I'm guessing one could be installed.