If you run a machine long enough you should know how many gallons a day it uses. Just because the fuel gauge quit is no excuse for running out of fuel. I have been called out twice this month to start a machine that ran out of fuel. Both the gauges didn't work. One was backed up to the fuel tank.
I agree. I only have one machine new enough to have a fuel gauge. That one is a 922A and you have to lift up a plate in the floor to read it. Checking and keeping track of fuel becomes a matter of operational procedure. Often wonder if the same folks that run out of fuel, run out of oil or water?
Very few machines will run out of fuel in a normal work day, and no matter where you are or what you do, every machine should be topped off at the end of the shift or work day. Simple as that. If you care about keeping water and rust out of your fuel system, ya gotta do it.
X2 I agree totally!!! just to lazy to do it BUT it pays the bills
:iagree