Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel injector pump

Edwardthebeau22 ยท 2016-09-09 10:59

I just put a fuel injection pump on a 580 L case backhoe the timing on the motor I believe was correct because it lined up with the key on the fuel injection pump will not start and run

Replies1
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-09-09 11:25

    HOLD THE THROTTLE, WIDE OPEN. Make sure you have power going to the solenoid .. make sure the fuel is turned back on.. make sure the manual shut-off lever is in the run position.. it should be, I think its spring loaded to run.. Open the bleed screw, 5/16", on the side of the pump by the nameplate.. spin the engine till you get fuel and NO AIR. Close the bleed screw.. OPEN the injector lines AT THE INJECTORS and spin the engine till fuel squirts out.. Close the lines and start the engine.