Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel issue

Awjunkies ยท 2014-09-12 15:16

I just started working on a skidsteer 425 I believe need to verify model number. Was filled with mo gas, emptied, cleaned lines, changed filters. Owners ran it for an hour before it started running hot and realized gas was in it. Now I think fuel shut off solenoid is bad. Motor starts then dies. When I bypass it runs all day. Need to verify its solenoid and not timer or something else. Any suggestions?

Replies3
  1. #1mitch5042014-09-12 16:00

    You must be a pilot.

  2. #2caterpillarmech2014-09-13 10:13

    The older solenoids had three wires. Ground, Pull, and Run. The run wire sound like it is your problem. I would check voltage when it starts and dies on the two hot wires. Solenoid could still be bad but you can verify first.

  3. #3Awjunkies2014-09-15 15:05

    The one I have is newer as the solenoid only has two wires. I have it bypassed at the moment and the skid steer runs fine. Still would like to solve the issue. Everything is pointin towards the timing module since I can hook the solenoid up to battery direct and it operates as it should. Just need to know where to find the timing module!!