Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2006 CAT 246B case drain install, could use some help.

Calebmanning ยท 2014-09-12 21:42

Okay, I recently purchased a caterpillar 246b skid steer. The gentlemen that I purchased it from bought a case drain kit for the aux hydraulics from cat. An attachment that I have requires using it. However he had not installed it yet when I purchased it from him. And I have not the slightest clue as to how to put it on the machine. I was hoping the kit would come with some instructions, it did not... I've worked on larger equipment just never a skid steer. Everything is tight! Anyone willing to point me in the correct direction? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Caleb

Replies4
  1. #1big ben2014-09-13 00:40

    If it's a kit from Cat can you just go to your nearest Cat dealer and ask if they will print off some instructions for the kit ?

  2. #2Nige2014-09-13 07:50

    Does the kit have a part number?

  3. #3Calebmanning2014-09-13 10:13

    As far as a kit part # I haven't been able to find one. And "Big Ben" that's what I intend on doing Monday. Just figured I would try here first.

  4. #4Nige2014-09-13 12:06

    OK, so the kit itself doesn't have a Part Number. I tried a search in the Cat system using very general search terms and came up empty-handed. Can you find a Part Number on anything significant (e.g. a valve, or even a hose) in the kit..? If so please post it. Just a thought. Does the guy who sold you the machine still have any documentation from back when he bought the kit..? That might have a Part Number on it.