Short version: How do I access the fuel lift pump on a Terex TC16? Last fall I got to be the pround owner of a Terex TC16 from 2007. It has worked flawlessly... until now. It bogs down and stalls under load. Even driving it on uneven terrain makes it stall. First thought was: Fuel delivery. Right enough, unhooking the inline fuel filter confirmed the flow from lift pump is weak, and the ticking from the pump action is very low frequency (1-2 seconds between ticks). So I need to get to the pump, but how to do that? The pump seems to be hidden behind the engine. Do you acces from underneath or is access from the cabin, dismantling the seat assemblt? I can't find much in manual, but maybe I don't have the right one downloaded. Lift pump is not mentioned much in the manueal either, but I guess it's not really a part of the enigne. A new fule pump has arrived, but I'm a bit reluctant to start dismantling before I know the right approach. Any one know where to start unscrewing things?
Found it under the belly pan. Pretty easy to get to. Didn't fix by fuel delivery issue though. I should probably have checked for blockages in the fuel system before throwing parts at the machine
Update: The prefilter from fuel tank was more or less totally clogged up. Removed the filter housing, and cleaned it all out. The machine is running perfect now. Maybe the old fuel lift pump wasn't bad. But now I'm confident, that fueld delivery is fixed. Need to keep an eye on the prefilter though.
cool that you found it, nice that you updated the thread for others!
Thanks. A bit frustrating when threads are not updated. Trying to contribute, when I can.