Lets hear it guys,where are you and what is your on-road fuel price. Im in north central pa and it is $3.90
Northeast ohio is 3.59-3.89 depending what station you go to.
western pa $3.90
Long Island, 3.80-3.95
Just over $5.00 a canadian gallon or about $4.40 a U.S. gollon in northern canada.
Raleigh, North Carolina $3.59 - $3.69 ( this week )
3.44 at Kroger in Ga but 3.65 at most other stations
Northeast PA $3.79-$3.99
Ha Ha Ha I love threads like this Current price for Gas (Petrol) Here in BC is $1.09 ltr CAN. $99c ltr in Alberta. Current Price in my home town in Blighty. £1.09 - £1.18 ltr. Ross
Here, you can search. I usually search by state and road. Sometimes, by city. http://www.gocomchek.com/
Just filled up at $4.05
Diesel $3.90 Gas $3.16
$1.12 /L up here this morning!
Seen diesel at 4.09 in Warden, WA today, just south of Moses Lake. 3.99 in Othello. Havent been to Moses to see the price this week. Went home last weekend and it was anywhere from 3.62 to 3.79.
saw over 4 on saturday here in livermore im not sure cause I lost my drivers license. good timing I guess
$4.09 this morning, $4.29 a gallon this evening just about everywhere around here.
$3.79 - $3.99 /gallon....going to the bicycle shop tomorrow to see if they'll trade a JD for a Shwinn...
$1.09 Litre, 4.12 US Gal Central Ontario
$4.oo here in connecticut
Diesel today, at Walmart, was 3.83, and at Holts, the local place where most of the crews refuel, was 3.89. Holts's is one of the few places in town with Offroad Diesel, and willing to run a tab for the contractors, so I guess they make you pay up for the convenience. Ellijay, GA
fuel price eastern NC $3.85 non highway $2.99 someone want to tell us why, same fuel, just dyed
here in Central Texas it is 3.99 a gallon for diesel
Well my first post was a week ago. now it's $3.89- $3.93 Off road is $ 3.53
SW Wisconsin, anywhere from $3.85 to $3.99 for On Road Diesel, figure about $.50 less for off road. Gas is around $3.19 to 3.25 depending on where you go, E85 is around $2.40. Trbo
Off road actually has more sulfur in it
$4.299 in Norwood MA this morning. Watched Ch 5 News last night and they interviewed a couple of station owners and they said they expect $5 by Memorial Day or maybe even sooner!
Jumped to $4.139 for on road this morning, $3.35 for reg gas. DAM oil companies. I really wish we could start being self sufficent, between the USA and Canada, we have the oil, Natural gas, food, steel, and every other dam thing we need to do what we want on our own. It would help that some of these lazy people get off their butts and do somthing, instead of our tax money keeping them in a house and food. Trbo
4.29 here for road fuel.
Here in Norther NJ I have seen from $3.85 - $4.39 today 3/13/08. I still want to know why diesel is $1.00 more than gas? And why some small gas staions that do not have that much turn around on diesel keep change prices every day even though they have not bought new diesel and should be selling for less since they bought it cheeper?
I put gas in at a station this morning at $3.229 and they said it was going up to $3.359. I asked when, they said soon as we go out and change it. I asked how in the ******************************* they can do that when they haven't even had the fuel truck show up since tuesday. "AH I don't know but the station on the hill changed a bit ago." Price gouging at its best I guess. Trbo
We should park every excavator, loader, dozer, skid steer, truck, trailer, anything out in the middle of the street. That'll bring the fuel price down.
off road 3.99 on road 4.49 gas 3.53
I agree with Mikef87. I think we should park all this equipment on the front lawn of the White House. I know we can't but something has to be done. If the trucks stop then:shf
I went to Ireland about 6 years ago, they had the same problem, trucks lined up out on the highway and if I remember correctly that straightened the gvmt. out. I'll be more than happy to do it.
I'm not sure what you'd prove, the government doesn't set fuel prices in this country.
The goverment controlls more of this than you think. Just last week a major factor in driving up the crude was the states investing pension money in this. Local news paper has been saying that our state run recreation facilities(lakes) will be cloased for a good part of this year. They then asked why, and the federal govenment will not give the money needed for maintance. They then asked our congressman-his response was that all the money went to rebuild IRAQ! So now we suffer because of this. Why don't we take some of the oil then? Another problem is the week US dollar, thanks to the debt the federal govenment is in, and we can trace that to this war. What I wouldn't give to watch every oil speculator get his @ss burned!
I've seen 4.00 - 4.20 for on road diesel fuel. Gas is around 3.30 here in Northern Indiana
The prices is being set off of the "futures" price instead of the actually price driven by supply and demand. When you see on the news or tv what the price of crude is they are telling you the futures price, not the actual price that it will sell at. Another thing, I'm not sure about all the other states but Indiana has taxes that are a percentage of the total price of gas/fuel. so the higher the price goes for fuel the more the states make. One more hidden tax that most consumers don't understand
One thing I have heard as to why fuel PRICE is so high right now, in terms of $$ per barrel is that fact that on the global market the US dollar is very low, so it takes more buck for a bang. I still say that this country could be very self sufficient and quit relying on the Middle east for our oil and China for all the cheap lead laced lil toys and stuff. I understand that for some things global trade is a wonderful thing, but the less you have to rely on someone else the better off you are. Trbo
4.29 on road 3.99 off road Wauconda IL
You have a power hungry dictatorship in the office ,that controls the oil companies. They have everybody in the palm of their hands.When bush got into office ,even when the economy was bad the first time , you were rewarded by the government (tax incentives) for buying a gas guzzling SUV, and penalized for having a hybrid,"said you were avoiding wheel and gas taxes. Then you had all these new commercials "BUY A HEMI" ,woohoo hurray for 7-8 miles to the gallon. Not only that ,but the warmachine in Iraq and lets not forget about Afghanistan( war still going on over there) ,you have p.o.s. hummers and battleships and aircraft ,that are also using our fuel. Talk to our friends in Norway , you have to pay a higher tax to have gas guzzler, and fuel prices are higher . What is funny is even with gas close to $ 4.00 a gallon people are still driving around and wasting fuel. Don't get me wrong ,but if I didn't need my trucks for hauling equipment , I would have a turbo diesel 4 cylinder getting 40 mpg.
$4.199 here in upstate NY on Wed., i havent filled up since so i am sure it went up. The whole economy is driven off fuel in one way or another. It doesnt help the investors in the stock exchange keep driving the price of crude up either. These idiots think they are making a buck but in reality they are driving the price up on all goods. It is a viscious cycle that they are creating by the continous investing in such a sensitive market. What is going to happen when the huricanes start hitting our coasts again? How far is our government going to let this go before we go from a recession to a depression? They can say we are not in a recession but look around, very few people have any money that they are willing to spend. The interest rates have gone down but who is going to spend money they no longer have. Enough ranting, sorry for the long reply.
I've seen 4.00 - 4.20 for on road diesel fuel. Gas is around 3.30 here in Northern Indiana
.......and lets not forget who's important here. Iraq and Afganistan recieved another 169 billion and us low life Americans get a 150 billion for "economic" stimulas. My question is, When do we shut this thing down? Like a rolling blockade like the truckers did in the 70's when fuel was out of control. This board we all chime into everyday is a very powerful tool. When are we going to use this comunication to "Enlighten" our elected officials that we are done with this cr ap! I think 20yds of concrete rubble or fill dumped on the major on ramps in major citys in a cordinated effort across the country would get some attention (good and yes the bad). I just had my accountant tell me I have to start seperating my and my employees cell phone time from business to personell so the personel time can be added to your W-2 as income. We get to spend a dollar to send them a dime. Better idea, lets lock up that clown we have for a president and vice president spend more money at home, not in some hell forgotten place that hasnt gotten along with itself for thousands of years so our government doesnt feel like they have to pillage the working people to keep the lights on. Diesel, the life blood of our industrys, once burnt off during the refinging process as there was no use for it. Better idea, lets burn off our top level of government cause I have no use for them!
The president doesn't have anything to do with the fuel prices. We are in Afganistan and Iraq for national security. Personally I'm tire of our government spending money period. I'm tired of the government handouts and so many people of our great county pleading for money, either in the form of welfare, social security, government health care, etc. Our great country, the United State of America was founded with a constitution that set up our government. I can find anywhere in that all important document where it says our government needs to help us and take care of us. IMHO our national government is for two purposes, nation infrastructure, roads, bridges, fire deptartments etc and national defence. Other than that our government can let me keep the money I earn and stay the hell out of my life. I don't need handouts, I don't need welfare, I don't need all of their "red tape". What I do need is freedom. We need to get a declaration of independance from our own government. I appologize for my rant but I'm tired of feeling like I live in a socialist country.
at my local truck stop gas is 3.29 gal and diesel is 4.19 gal. it's unreal
Love's on I-10 south of Phoenix today at noon: $3.89! Gas at $3.13.
Flying hook in Saginaw Mi is at 4.15 a gallon for diesel. Gas at 3.31 for reg
The president is directly effecting gas prices,don't kid yourself. If you think that war was started to protect your freedoms think again. Why do you think we are in Iraq ,Afghanistan ,Iran soon to be Venezuela. It is OIL, we are a glutton and need to change our ways.If you don't think bush and cheney are profiting from all this :Banghead
What left wing propagand do you listen to? If it was about oil Bush would have us drilling in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska. There are geologist saying there is as much or more oil in the Gulf of Mexico then what is in the Middle East. But we have folks such as yourself that think Bush is the bad guy. your wrong. Our freedom is at stake. Because we are killing terrorist over there they are too busy to attack us here. We are not in Iran or Venezuela. Iran has or will have nuclear capability. All of our discussions doesn't matter a bit if the nukes get in the wrong hads. Hell fuel prices won't matter either I guess. The government needs to get their hands out of the economy. Simple supply and demand will take care of the economy.
today i saw diesel for $4.24
I was awarded a bid last fall and have not got the notice to proceed yet. when the job was out for bid the engineering firm was adamant that the job was going to start the week after the bid closing. I spoke to the engineer last week and he said when you get your notice to proceed you have the right to ask for more money do to fuel prices. I said,"I believe we are going to exercise that right". I thought about how much a few cents in fuel prices actually matters, IE: per day-500 gal x $3.25=$1625.00,,,, per month-$1625 x 20days=$32,500, jack that up a bit, per day-500 gal x $4.00= $2000,,,,per month-$2000 x 20days=$40000. a difference of $7500 per month and $90,0000 per year on only a $.75 increase. Food for thought.
Your exactly right. Our trucking has taken a big turn, fuel used to take up 25 -30% of our profit now it's pushing 40%. No ones is enjoying our rate increases either. I've had 4 sceduled jobs cancel already! And we are "not in a recession" Bullsh*t, hang on to your hat's lads it's going to get a little rough.
Northeast PA On-road $4.09-$4.25 Off-road $3.39-$3.89 and at one gas station, they are selling off-road at $4.15
There is one good thing, stock is low right now so it is a good time to invest. It like a "sale on stock".
WOW! If the terrorist (Bush/Cheney) had spent half the money they have in Iraq on infrastructure in the US, This board would be a ghost town because we would all be to busy doing what we should be doing. Call’em “Pork barrel” or “Ear marks” if you want, But I prefer to see my trucks rolling at 55 down the highway than sitting in traffic with everyone else on our roads. Saddam was a piece of poop and killed many but I think history will show he was an angel compared to who ever takes power in Iraq after we leave. Iran was a non issue when Saddam was in power. Our very actions over there support terrorism. We went to Afghanistan and got rid of there training camps and replaced them with real “on the job experience” in Iraq. I can’t think of a better battle simulator than Iraq has provided. No more bayoneting dummies, they get to kill real Americans now. It was the week before last Bush was asked by a reporter what he thought of projected $4.00 a gallon fuel and he responded as if current prices were at a buck a gallon and the reporter was on crack for asking such a question. ph u q Bush And **** Cheney
how can you possible call Bush and Cheney a terrorist. If Al Gore was in office instead of Bush the real terrorists would have a field day. Please explain to me how our president has anything to do with prices? I don't care if it Bush, Clinton, Reagon whoever. None of the presidents have anything to do with spending money. Ok I'll correct that a bit. They can write executive orders. Ultimately congress spends our money. The Iraq war is about securing our freedom. I don't know about the state you live but here in Indiana there is a percentage taken from every gallon of fuel/gas is tax. So the higher the price is, the more the government gets. Why would any of the politicians want to lower the price. Supply and demand is what should set the price of oil, not futures or politicians.
Not a big Al Gore fan, but he was the VP for a while and the twin towers did not fall when he was in office. I think the terrorists had a "real field day" when they hit the towers on 9/11, and Bush was in charge when that happened. I don't care what you do, there is always going to be terrorists. But I guess they only live in Iraq, and we have them all under control? There is no way that they could come from other places is there? And the president has something to do with they way the money is spent. Yes, congress has a major part, but the president goes to them and recommends spending the money. And it is time to spend OUR money in the US so that we can get the work and enjoy the finished product. I could care less about rebuilding Iraq!
Deeredriver So from your statement you probably believe that Bush is at fault for 911 right. Clinton had a clear shot at Bin Laden and didn't take it. I do agree with you though that terrorism will never quit. Terrorism has been going on for centuries, it just wasn't till 911 did the US get involved. Iraq is important for us to be there for our security. As for our money, we need to keep it as citizens. Get it out of the governments hands. That will solve most of these types of arguments. If the government doesn't have our money they can't spend it. Well good in theroy anyways look at the national debt. Not sure of all the answers just a lot of frustrations.
Hey pipeguy, they had a great show about oil on the History channel. Obviously you missed it. We are gluttons for fuel. Plain and simple. How do you think daddy bush and little bush got rich. They invested in gas investment companies that loan money to Exxon, Mobil etc.I think the name is Capital investment group or something to that tune.This is the same people that backed them to get them in office, lead moneygivers to both bush campaigns. They both still have a vested interest in this company.The other is a company **** Cheney is a big part of haliburton.They are saying war could last another 5 years lets see where oil prices are then.
I never said Bush was at fault for 9/11. And don't blame this whole deal on Clinton. I know, that is a easy out. How can you post that the terrorists would have a real field day with Gore in office, when the truth is that they had there field day with Bush in office. This is not predicted, it happened in the past. True story believe it or not! But everything is always Clintons fault! Bush was in office for over a year and half before 9/11. If he is so good in your view, then why did he not do something? And you actually feel "safe" because of the war in Iraq? With all the people all arround the world that do not like the US? Where will they come from next? There is a couple more places that harbor terrorists arround the world. And lets go with your idea and take our money out of the governments hand. You seem to suport the idea of us fighting terrorists in Iraq, but how do we do that with the government having no money? How do we rebuild and maintain our roads and bridges? I guess I just don't get it!
Our dependence on oil started in the 1950's .Cars were made more viable to the working man. Our demand outpaced supply , thus began our dependence on foreign oil.If you drew a line around the earth connecting rich oil deposits ,you would notice it is around the equator, (gulf of mexico , venezuela, panama, saudi arabia ,iraq ,and iran .kuwait and few countries in russia). Sure there are deposits in the northern hemispheres,but nothing as great as these regions. Do your self a favor and ask a veteran what they think about all this. I think your perspective would change. :usa
East KY Gas is 3.24-3.29 and diesel 3.89-3.99 per gallon
Visit some of the trucking forums that can be found on the web. The talk of strike is everywhere. Will it solve anything? Not likely but it will put presure on our government to wake the **** up. Pipeguy, start thinking for yourself and quit buying the party line.
Concern Price is a big concern ,but also the supply is a big concern also.Just add shortages??????? High prices ,plus short supply is more of a concern.We have seen the ration of fuels before and short supplys,not good either! Just something else to be concerned about:beatsme:usa
I would watch how you guys talk about strikes and shutting down the country. Laws on the books could be used to classify you as a domestic terrorist due to the fact that critical services would be shut down and people could die from your proposed actions. I know don't tell me, "it couldn't happen here". We're talking about the same people who pretend to care about your freedom, but don't care to secure the border or our ports. You tell me what's possible.
Is that the answer? And which Clown do you think would do a better job? D or R? Male or manWoman? When it comes voting time, do you vote for the better person, or the lessor of two evils (bad choices)? That part I agree with. But ya know what, It will never happen. Why? Because we the people are the ones who voted the Clowns into office. Also, a thing called compassion. Thats when you give to those who are less fortunate, those you feel sorry for or in most cases, you give without having a clue as to why you did or where the moneys going. Call it peer pressure of just trying to keep up with the Jones. Then there's the environmentalists (hyprocates).... Where in the hell do they get so much power? Because they know how to beg for money just like some third world legless child with dark brown eyes and a pretty smile. Somehow, the confused American voters keep feeding the eco-terrorists money. Money for lawyers, lawsuits and payoffs to keep us from drilling here, building refineries here, mining here. Me thinks that there is no one easy way to fix this mess we've gotten ourselves into, not in our lifetimes anyways. What we live with today is a byproduct of a too much freedom. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. And to keep this on topic... Flying J... Thousand Palms , Ca. I-10 Ramon Exit $4.04
Diesel is 4.44 per gal. in upstate NY. When is it going to stop ??????
Took a little longer to get into a political discussion about oil in this thread than I thought. To preface my post, I am a conservative but not so sure I am a Republican but definitely not a Democrat. I am not happy with the way the Bush Admin. has spent money like a drunken sailor on shore leave. I believe we have spent too much money in Iraq rebuilding infrastructure when we have many infrastructure needs here in our country. We should do what our military does best which is kick ass and take body counts. Then use their oil to rebuild their country. I think President Bush plays too much into the political correct movement and is weary of doing this because the MSM (main stream news media) would have a field day over the whole "war for oil" diatribe. Saddam needed to be removed. He had weapons of mass destruction and used them on his own people - The Kurds and this is well documented. It was just a matter of time before he attained more powerful weapons, he already had the appetite to use them. For the left to rest on their laurels and say "Bush lied about WMD" is ridiculous. I lose stuff in my own house that I find years later and I didn't hide them on purpose. Now take a country a little larger than Texas, hide a tractor trailer load of weapons and get someone to find it. Rather a difficult task to say the least. Everything in this world economy we live in boils down to two basic ideals: money and power, with money being the most important, with money you have power. The global oil prices are far greater than the US economy and our elected officials - regardless of political party. President Bush (or any president for that matter) does not control the oil prices, this is just paranoid propaganda voiced by various self interest groups from environmentalist, eco terrorists, political parties and forgein interests here and abroad. Simply put demand for oil is up and going higher, not just in the US but around the globe. Here in the US we came blame ourselves for allowing the radical environmental groups for blocking any new refinery construction for the last thirty years and the death of any new nuclear power plants. This has directly affected our energy prices at home. One shining example of this is the new Emissions requirements. The new diesel engines are burning more fuel but emit less emissions. Someone please tell me how burning more fuel and getting less efficiency out of a BTU of energy helps the environment? Abroad China, India and other developing countries are adding to the demand for oil that was once not there. Every country in this world, regardless of economic stature or military might, is fighting for a stake in the world economy. Sure the US and other dominate countries are superior in terms of wealth and military might, but nonetheless there is more competition for everything. This competition for energy, in this case oil, has driven prices up, in addition to our own handcuffs we have allowed the environmental groups to shackle us with. The world has evolved from Countries/Nations to Global Corporations; that is why Thomas Jefferson was so weary of corporations gaining too much power in the fledging Republic he and other great men were trying to establish. Now Global Corporations are more powerful than the Countries and Nations where they reside. These corporations are motivated by greed for more profit share, which allows them more money for political contributions, which in turn creates their power, and powerful they are. These corporations pay no taxes to the countries in which they reside - it is all passed on to the consumer, factored into the economic proforma for the product they intend to sell. We are just pawns in a global chess game plaid out by billionares and multi-national corporations. If you think for one minute that your political affiliation is immune to this, then I have some great ocean front property in Arizona to sell you. The owner, the operator, the small business man - we are the ones that pay the bills to keep the economy going, always have and always will. To keep on topic: BP diesel fuel $3.95.
I understand what you are saying but the Government body cannot force anyone to work. If someone chooses to "strike" then that is their freedom to do so. If they can classify us as domestic terrorist's then we can classify them as a "financial terrorist". I know, there is no such thing but are they not forcing us to pay their prices, is there an alternative fuel that they will allow to be produced readily available to all consumers? The Government doesnt car about the little man anymore, they just want thier "fair" share of our income. Never mind the fact that small private business's are going under, that the elderly cannot afford to heat thier homes, or that everything on the store shelves will rise in price. This ridiculous rise in fuel prices have already put us in a recession, next is a depression. Anyone who says we are not in a recession must be blind and or stupid. Oh, fuel here is $4.39. Owner said he raising the prices again too, i havent check to see what it is today.
Well said CM 1995.
Excellent CM1995!!! On road $4.10 Telescooper
The more I think about it the more I'm baffled. Why would anyone in our line of work be it moving dirt or freight allign themselves with the left. These are the same people who in the name of "global warming" would love to shut you down. Oil gluttons!!?? Who do you think uses the most fuel?? OUR industry in the US. It makes no sense to allign yourself to the people who given a chance WILL have you standing in a government cheese line. They are already trying to put us out of business by making it impossible to do anything with out having to get an environmental impact study done, "permits" ($$$$), and such. Then some greenie comes to your private property to do a impact study and "discovers" a yellow bellied booger picker or some other bird or bug that can only breed on your land and is an "endangerd species". Wake up everybody!!! Don't fall for this latest pack of lies all dressed up as global warming. The dadgum Chinese use/ pollute/ consume far more than us. Make a difference... buy AMERICAN!:usa:usa When was the last time you heard a liberal say " dang I sure do love the loggers, farmers, ranchers, miners, developers... They make America run. I would love to do anything in my power to keep them employed and secure in their jobs." Guess who we as operators work for??? Ain't the the libs! When was the last time you heard any congressman or senator try to push legislation through to make it EASIER for people to succed in our line of work? It took 35 years to permit the new copper mine in Safford AZ. I've been told that it will more than likley be the last open pit mine permitted in the US. There's my.02 Actually it's more like a nickel's worth so I guess I owe you .03 for reading this. $4.00 more and you can buy a gallon of diesel.
Well said Eric. "yellow bellied bugger picker" - now that's funny!:lmao:lmao The environmental movement has good origins at heart, but like so many "movements", when they have achieved their goal (clean air, sanitation, clean water) but they still have this huge organization, employing hundreds of people, recieving huge amounts of money in donations. Now this gets back to my post before - money and power. These environmental groups get millions of dollars in gov't funding and private donations - some of these donations are rather large coming from Billionares with their own agendas. When one environmental agenda is achieved there has to be something else to take it's place. It's like a gov't entity that must spend all of it's budget in their fiscal year - to justify asking for more money the next year. How clean can a diesel engine's emissions be and how many microns are we going to measure? There is no balance with these far left environmental organization - once one "goal" is attained just break it down a little more, get back on your soap box, raise more money, keep your cushy job with all the benefits, hire more lobbyists in Washington and make everyone else's life miserable. And if you have to use a little "junk science" along the way to further your "movement", then don't let that stop you- because you have a machine to run. Now don't get me wrong. I love the outdoors, trees, clear running streams and want clean water for drinking and recreation, clean air - and I want to leave the same for my children and grandchildren. As long as humans have been on this earth we have effected it in some form or fashion, be it good or bad. What we have to do is strike a balance between living our lives, protecting our environment and using our resouces wisely. I don't like to waste things. We recycle 100% of our green waste and I am looking into setting up a C&D waste recycling program for our roll-off company. We need to make our homes and commercial buildings more energy efficient. We need to recycle more of our waste stream into energy generation or back into the manufacturing cycle. We need to explore alternative forms of energy from wind, to wave, to whatever our enterprising minds in this country can think of. But this takes time, effort and money. It's not going to happen over night and it's not going to happen with "carbon credits" either.
I am very sceptical about the whole economy recession. Did anyone catch the closing of the stock market today. I think 'ol chicken lil has everyone running scared. Who knows maybe it is a plan, scare everyone by crying recession, stocks fall, investors buy,(because its cheap) and wow whats this,the stocks shoot up and the investors make a pile of money. I heard a lot of people are getting checked for pink fuel in their trucks. fuel is staying steady at 4.25 a gal in north central pa
The stock market is so out of touch with reality. All the speculation and phony investments over the last year has people not knowing which way is up. The one-trick pony FED cuts rates again, making the dollar worth even less and stocks rally, oil goes up, yet gold falls. Unless you have the time to devote to following the trends of foolish people, you'd be well advised to steer clear of the stock market for a while. As such it is no reliable indicator of economic well being. Food, fuel and just about every other item besides housing and income are up in the real world. Does anyone really feel better knowing that some investors are doing well?
golds over a thousand fuel in upstate ny is like 4.21
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums jim shepard! :drinkup
3.75 south dakota
I am simply saying I am skeptical about recession. I cant say I have a opinion which way the economy is going. Fuel is going up that seems to be the only thing effecting me right now. We had a recession in 1991 and 2001 and everything bounced back. For me the stock market is something of interest. Used very wisely the stock market can provide some decent side money.
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums dirt333! :drinkup
I agree, food and fuel both up. Etholol costs way more to produce than gas or diesel, but the good ol government mandated that X amount be produced to pacify the greens. Funny thing is that it produces more pollution that refining gas or diesel :notworthy:notworthy good call boys!! Now the price of corn is through the roof, as a result of all this environmental "responsibility" . Corn goes up, groceries go up. Can't refine gas or diesel as fast as demanded cause we're to busy producing a dirtier fuel, result gas and diesel go through the roof! I wonder if any of our brilliant minds in Washington ever took economics 101.
Any were from 11 to 12 Norwegian Krones per liter. . . .or a little over 9 USD per gallon. OUCH .
I read in a magazine that if every single cob of corn grown in the us was used solely for making ethanol it would only account for only 12%!!!! of the demand. Thats a no brainer
$3.99 on road right now in Orlando... Its gone up .30 in about 12 days....
How many people have experience with bio-diesel? I live in the south so the cold temp. gelling problem wouldn't be an issue. Is anybody making their own? One of our large projects has a dozen or so fast food restaurants within a 2 mile radius making the used oil available. I am thinking of setting up a 55 gal system in the conex on site, making a batch or so a week and adding it to the 1000G off-road tank we have on site. Make a couple of batches a week, 3 X 55Gal @ $3.50 per gallon = $578 per week or $2310 per month. Of course you will have costs associated with it - but I am just trying to think of anything to help with fuel costs. What kind of problems have people experienced with bio-diesel and is anybody making their own?
i dont know if this is true or not. but a guy here was doing the bio -diesel and someone else told me.that the county or the state made the guy buy a mini-refinery permit,now he has paperwork and permit fee,s and some kind of tax,so im not sure he is still doing it,this is in New York,any one else hear of "permit fees"?
Hey folks this is the very first writing of the monrad family in this website, hello to you all. Fuel here is $1.37 lt The land of the long white cloud (New Zealand)
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums Monrad! :drinkup
Just got a delivery to my tanks 3.84 on road 3.52 off road but the gas stations are all around 3.99- 4.29
$4.15 for on road fuel here in eastern Mass. Its killing every one!
Saw $4.45 for on road diesel in Simi Valley, CA
around 5.15$ upstate NY (onroad)
4.74 in Austin Tx.
$4.65-$4.70 depending on the station here.
5.19 here and it goes up everyday.
$4.40 per gallon for off-road here.
$5.48 Gallon for Clear and $4.33 Gallon for marked yesterday.
these prices are bulls**t!
$4.98 at the Flying J @ Thousand Palms.
The lowest was Exxon at $ 4.599 and the highest was Shell at $ 4.809
Brace yourselves...it's only the beginning.
Clear Diesel fuel at the pumps here is $1.379 a litre or $6.26 a Canadian gallon.
rip off uk here in the uk road diesel is now at £1.26 + per litre = 2.50 usd
Hey Lowboy, how's the new profession?:drinkup Ya' know what, if fuel prices are going to be $8-10-30 per gallon or whatever price it goes to, let's go ahead and make it that right now. If diesel is going to be $8 per gallon in 3 months or whatever - well let's do it right now . Myself, as well as 1,000's of other small contractors out there, cannot afford to operate our busines with $8 per gallon fuel. So instead of a slow rise over the next year from $5 a gallon to $10 a gallon - just go ahead and do it Monday. I would rather be shot in the head and get it over with than my leg stuck in a bear trap, only to die from the blood loss. I don't want to struggle to find work and pay for the ever increasing fuel costs, spending all my savings along the way, only to find out the inevitable - fuel prices will be so high that no one can afford it. Let's go ahead and raise it right NOW! So I can park all of my trucks and equipment and send my employees to the penny line with their pink slip - me included I pay unemployment on myself. And when this happens , this is what else happens: No withholding, FICA, SS, unemployment and Medicare taxes sent to the Fed/State gov't every 2 weeks. No fuel being bought so no road or sales taxes on the 1000's of gallons of diesel I was buying. Oh yeah and guess what - no Fed/State income taxes from me, my employees or my company this year because we didn't make any money. Of course I will not be buying any new trucks, equipment, small tools, etc - there will be no need for them since I do not have a business anymore. Multiply the factors listed above by 10-100K and see what the national affects are. The quickest way to get a bureaucrat's attention is to reduce the amount of $$$ coming in on the tax rolls. 'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.' - Ronald Reagan Sorry for the rant but we are being manipulated by big $$$ folks in the futures market looking for a quick buck, regardless of outcome. The above rant and future senario is totally hypothetical but you guys get the idea.
The Congress had the oil executives of the major oil companies at the Capitol. The Exxon Mobil exec, told the government that they actually don't make any money on gas. They NET, meaning after they pay all the bills, 12 billion dollars a quarter and their not making any money????? GIVE ME A BREAK, I can't believe that guy had the guts to say that. This fuel price is going to put everyone under, big small, construction, delivery, pizza shops, everyday regular people going to work. Gas has doubled in the last 4 years has anyones salaries doubled? I know mine haven't to keep up with the cost of living. It's ridiculous this country is in some serious troubled if the government doesn't step in and straighten out the oil crisis.
If your salary was 12million + you might look at what they make per gal. as slim. Over the years I have noticed many high paid prof. people think they are under paid and everybody else makes as much as they do.
Southwest Oklahoma red is 4.30 c lear is 4.65/gallon.
diesel $4.51 in Central Jersey some spots in the rich towns are 4.78 i have seen Its nuts.
fuel price Red fuel $3.69, regular diesel $4.69, gas $3.99, eastern NC I really dont understand, why there is no big stink about it. You hear in the news, price of oil rose today to $$$$$, but you dont hear anyone stay, what the government is going to do about it. I know I dont know anything about politics, but what about lowering the state and federal taxes. I know this may slow down some state and federal work, but it would help everyone, but what do I know:Banghead
Northern NJ - diesel $4.78 and still rising.
Cheapest here last week was 4.49 ON Tuesday morning coming in Tuesday evening they had gone up to $4.69 the Chevron was still at $4.49 till Weds and he raised his prices to match the other station . Then on Fri the Cheveron had posted it @ $4.85 . seems like the old days of 2 cents or a nickel raises are gone they are going for 20 cent jumps now . really ready to park the truck and just stay at home . It seems you work 5 days and it takes you 1 day to pay for your fuel cost .
you notice that when the refinery jumps up 10 cents a gallon, about five minutes later theres a guy on a ladder changing the price on the station sign by 10 cents. But when barrel price goes down it takes so long for them to adjust that by the time they do prices go back up two days later.
4.98 at the mobil mile from my house. you can't even keep track of prices they go up so often, last tuesday i fueled up my dump truck i drive at 4.66, 8hrs later i went to the same place to fuel my pick-up up and it had gone to 4.78 and i guy who runs the place whos a friend of mine said that by monday hes gonna be 4.90 just so he can afford the next trailer load of fuel. it sucks to work all week to on friday put over a 100 dollars in my truck just so i can be at work on monday:Banghead
Gasbuddy.com is a good source for fuel prices I was in Northern NY this weekend and it was $4.98 and on the turnpike outside Albany it was $5.11
Central NY , 5.10 as of Friday. Who knows about Tues. . jr
I guess I'm spoiled it 4.69 in spots here. Gas is 3.95 in somerset and 20 miles to Monticello it's 3.62 :beatsme
Last night they had an interview with a few truck drivers. The average fuel bill was around $2000 a week. The rates haven't gone up, they get a fuel surcharge, but it isn't much. One guy had 4 tractors, 3 got repo'd. These guys are getting ready to lose everything, house, family, livelihood and these jack*** oil execs are living the high life. The rich get richer, the poor get poorer.
We must be spoiled compared to some of you guys-anywhere between 4.10 and 4.65. Feel bad for you guys in NY state, but it's still hurting us bad. Dad must fill up his pickup at least once every day or two (16 mpg). Never mind the quads, we're driving them less than we usually do and the lawn tractor's used only once every week and a half or so. Am I the only one surprised that there hasn't been a lot of protests or threats or anything towards oil companies/executives?
I can't believe people are just accepting this. We all need to band together and protest, trucks stop for a week this country will come to a stand still.
red: $4.40 Green: $4.87 North central pa
Thats what is going to happen, I know that Peckehm Industries (in NY) is a major quarry with quite a few trucks and they just shut all their trucks down, they cant make anything with paid drivers, so they just parked them,,, Its going to mess up the whole economy, it just hasn't hit yet, ill give it until it hits 6$ a gallon and theres going to be problems, I think we should just abandon our current government and debt and start a new one exactly the same with people who aren't "politicians", because theyre still having trials in DC over major league base ball arnt they? This whole gov't is messed up and something needs to be done other then the facts of reality ignored... And the cash incentives is a joke, they give each person the money, (which is borrowed from china) they spend it on a product that is probably made in where, let me guess, China, and the US govt is more in-debt to China and they have the money that we just barrowed...
On T V this morning they said Americans would spend 100 BILLION MORE on GAS
You sound like my father about the baseball trials. It's ridiculous, instead of finding ways to cut the fuel price in half, they are finding more ways to waste our tax dollars. 35 years ago when I was in my senior year of high school a teacher asked when this country would fall apart, like the Roman empire and the Greek Empire, I laughed at him. Now I'm starting to wish I had bit my tongue on that comment.
Is the rest of the Worlds fuel going up in Price as fast as the United States ?
Yep, it's having a big effect everywhere. Even in some of the places you'd least expect. http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/latestnews/Lorry-protest-in-London-children.4124849.jp
gas $3.99 not sure on road diesel think its $4.60 .. northern indiana
Saw on-road for $4.57 cheapest today, bought on-road for $4.61.
our county can't afford fuel for us to fix roads but we CAN BUILD A NEW JAIL and ask for 11 new officers to help run it !!!! the rest of us has to make sacrifices on our projects paving/sealing/bridges/mowing/needed equipment/snow plowing.....all with less employees and more roads ,added from new housing additions and military base closing turning roads over to our county.......got to love our government......it could be worse!!!
diesel $4.59-$4.84 northern indiana just looked gas $3.97- $3.99
In Oregon the price of diesel is 4.65-4.89 and regular gas is 4.10-4.20
If Congress would just open up ANWAR, all of the AK. North Slope, and all of the domestic off-shore areas to drilling it would be a huge blow to the speculators in the market. Have the president make a Kennedy like "space speach" and let the world know that by year's end we plan to have over 100 new oil derricks in the air. By the end of 2010, we'll have over 1000 derricks ready to drill at a moments notice. Nevermind that we wouldn't even have to pump a single barrel... Just the threat of a major supply coming online would send oil futures spinning and the commodity bulls running with their tails tucked. Step 2 of the plan would be for the president to announce a new crude pipeline grid and new refinery capacity projects. The pipeline grid would fan out nationwide, all interconnected in the same way as our electric grid. Along the grid on Military Installations there will be refineries and distribution centers built which will be capable of being placed into service at the drop of a hat. The grid will be interconnected nationwide for 2 reasons: 1) National Security -- It would be much harder for a terrorist group to decapcitate a national interconnected grid. And 2) The Buyers (refineries) and the sellers (crude oil producers) would be able to play a normal free econony role called negotiation. A refinery buyer in say New York would be able to negotiate or bid for delivery of 1 million barrels of crude oil from the grid. Power compaines use such a grid everyday. It is possible for a Nevada power company to purchase excess generated power from a Georgia power producer if they wish. Buy hell, I'm just a logger... What do I know.
Welcome to the Forums Logman!:drinkup Quite a well thought out first post.
IF Rates & Wages were tied into the price of Energy - A - Oil Co. would't care about rasing the price B- If they did, inflation would be so bad Govt. would do more than interview the oil EX.
Here in sweden the gas cost 8.81 $ a gallon and diesel 9,31 $ a gallon.
$4.86-5.10 for clear.
Welcome to the Forums Danneman!:drinkup Curious- how much of the price is taxes?
you guys should not cry ,it $ 6.23 c over here . in nassau ba .:Banghead
around 60 % :beatsme
I paid $4.69 at the Hess in New Castle DE on the Dupont Highway last Friday
3.99 regular 4.99 green 4.24 pink
I recently heard China is angle drilling off the coast of Cuba taking the oil from Florida. We can't drill the oil because of the risks to the fish, and birds. But they will let another country do it.
:usa You guys in America are so lucky... Here in Portugal i pay 8,90$ per gallon...is more than 2 times you pay in America.... But here the minimum wage was 400€ aprox. 630$usd (Montlhy):Banghead:Banghead... and you in America earn a lot more maybe 10 times more than in Portugal... ointhead ointhead ointhead So you can imagine to work in here... maybe i start to run an excavator with amster power...
rafasimoes: why would you be diggin for minimum wage? ointhead san diego california, price 4.80
I'm not digging for minimum wage... I just wanna make a comparation of the money we(portuguese people) earn and the money we pay for the fuel...
Tulsa $4.45 per gallon. turn it off when not in use.
If that is the on-road price, it's $.20 less than here.