Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi EX60urg: Two sided pump?

Tribalfarmer ยท 2008-03-04 00:38

I just got this nice little machine at an auction. They could not drive it through, so I think I bought it right. The engine runs well, but only half of the hydraulics work. It looks like it has two sides on the main pump. I'm getting ready to take the pump off and try my hand at fixing it. Is anyone out there familiar with this machine? Is there a John Deer that is similar? None of the dealers have a book for the Hitachi (Grey Market).

Replies3
  1. #1catman1192008-05-09 01:05

    I work for Deere in Canada and the ex60urg is similar to and Deere 70 excavator but the pump is like the 70D its a little different. Hope this helps

  2. #2ncbschzzt2008-06-10 11:16

    the pump for this machine is unique, I have this pump apart. It has a different configuration than most US pumps, not easy to get and very exspensive!

  3. #3Cwal2020-09-13 06:38

    So what functions of the hydraulics are not working as the hydraulic system is pretty basic I have one of these machines and done a lot of work on it over the years