Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Prices

NateV · 2007-02-01 19:46

Just curious as to what you guys are paying for fuel. My dad just ordered 500gallons of off road at $1.96. The guy told him that it went up 17 cents since last week. On road is around $2.55 at the local stations.

Replies19
  1. #1Jeff D.2007-02-01 20:30

    $2.42/gallon #2 diesel here.

  2. #2Steve Frazier2007-02-01 20:38

    We're at $2.89/gal on road!!:Banghead I saw on TV a couple weeks ago that crude oil was at a 10 year low, yet our prices here locally have dropped only marginally. The past week or so our prices have gone up about .10. Very frustrating!

  3. #3Cat4202007-02-01 21:02

    I think we are in the 2.75-2.80 range I don't know what kind of junk math they were using on TV, but we are no where near a 10 year low. Interestingly, gas, diesel, heating oil, and other products prices are determined on the different trading markets using crude price as just one of many items to set the price. In theory we could see crude price fall by half, but have diesel stay the same or go higher based on the supply numbers. It's all really complicated and I'll be the first to admit that I don't fully have my head wrapped around it.

  4. #4PSDF3502007-02-01 21:11

    2.599 on road 2.20 off road.

  5. #5Dozerboy2007-02-01 21:11

    2.75-3.10 for on road

  6. #6woberlin2007-02-01 21:24

    According to U.S. News & World Report, oil is at it's lowest price since mid-summer of 2005. On road here is $2.41, and off-road is at $1.99.

  7. #7Cat4202007-02-01 21:38

    10 month low would make more sense.

  8. #8Countryboy2007-02-01 21:50

    $2.36 on-road

  9. #9Orchard Ex2007-02-01 22:22

    On road is $2.55 here for brand name fuel. We stayed at $2.89 until very recently too. They change the diesel prices on Thursday night so I probably should have filled up today. I'm guessing that the recent spike is because it finally got cold in the east 2/3 of the country. Wonder if we'll get stories about #2 fuel oil shortages, etc.?

  10. #10Jeff D.2007-02-01 22:45

    Are any of you guys able to get deals from the stations, suppliers, etc. to help offset your prices? I purchase all my fuel at an SA(Super America)fuel stop. By using their cards I get 6% off the pump price. It brings the $2.42/gallon down to $2.275/gallon for me. About $48/wk ave. discount. It all helps. I understand BP has something similiar.

  11. #11Ford LT-90002007-02-01 23:11

    If your interested we pay 3.84 CND or 3.26 US funds for a US gallon of diesel fuel it was up to 4.44 CND 3.77 US funds for a US gallon that is for road taxed fuel. Marked fuel delivered to your yard is more because of te delivery added so its 4.07 CND or 3.46 US funds . When one of the local loggers fills his 4000 imperial gallon fuel truck it is 18,000 dollars CND 15,000 dollars US that lasts one division of the operation a month. You guys are lucky in the US fuel is dirt cheap :yup

  12. #12rino14942007-02-02 07:02

    We are getting off-road in the around $1.80. We got straight kero for $1.97. On road at the pumps is $2.41. Hey Nate, where in PA are you located ? If you are close enough, I can hook you up with our supplier.

  13. #13CM19952007-02-02 10:51

    We pay $2.35 for on-road and about $1.95 for off-road. Use about 2k gallons of off-road a week on one job. The toughest part of estimating jobs is fuel, ductile iron pipe and RCP. The costs of operation are ridiculous!:Banghead

  14. #14NateV2007-02-02 17:48

    I am located just south of Pittsburgh. Little too far you to use your guy, but thanks anyway.

  15. #15Nac2007-02-02 19:11

    Last time I bought fuel I paid 2.25 on road (delivered 500 Gal) 1.85 off road (deliverd 500 Gal)

  16. #16bobcatuser2007-02-02 20:51

    I’m paying $3.28 US/Gallon for Road diesel and $2.52 US/Gallon for (Marked off-road) In Canada we pay about 30 percent road tax on fuel. I found this site about the Alberta oil sands, I think the oil sand projects are starting to affect the world oil prices more. http://www.answers.com/topic/athabasca-oil-sands

  17. #17jhill2007-02-02 20:52

    On road diesel is $1.35 in Caro Mi today.

  18. #18PSDF3502007-02-02 21:06

    Saw a show on that couple years ago. Always found that to be interesting.:bouncegri

  19. #19Woodstock2007-02-02 21:38

    Here in central Texas, hill country diesel is $2.34 for regular, and off road is $1.99.