Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

World of Concrete

farm_boy ยท 2007-02-01 23:49

Did anyone here go to World of Concrete last week? Some pretty cool things there....:thumbsup New Cat 450E backhoe Kobelco 210 Mark 8 New Holland Hybrid Excavator A Metallic Black Case 50th anniversary 580 Super M Case 921E wheel loader Bobcat S330 Deere 310SJTC Deere 200DLC I was surprised to see that Volvo didn't even show up?:beatsme I don't understand why a manufacturer would show up to a show like this. I would think that they would want business generated from the concrete industry. ointhead Lots of new product intro'ed at the show!!:yup

Replies7
  1. #1CM19952007-02-02 10:45

    Yeah I went- Pretty good show although Conex is larger and better for excavating equipment. I saw all of those machines you listed in addition to that big 'ol Gehl skidsteer with skidder type tires. Conex is next year!:thumbsup Already on my schedule.

  2. #2farm_boy2007-02-02 13:41

    I meant to say "wouldn't" show up. Yup...Conexpo is a much larger show...but I think this one was the biggest this year. That Gehl skid steer was something else. I don't know what it would be good for other than floating across sand. You couldn't even get your hand between the tires!!

  3. #3CM19952007-02-02 16:35

    I knew whatcha ment.

  4. #4KSSS2007-02-04 13:22

    I have never gone to the WOC but I don't miss CON-EXPO. Great time every time.

  5. #5Tigerotor77W2007-02-04 14:30

    In the US, yes. But Bauma kicks its rear in attendance.

  6. #6farm_boy2007-02-04 15:40

    You're right in that Bauma is a much larger show....but WOC is the largest show in the US this year. I think Bauma is a larger show than even Con-Expo. I think this is why Con-Expo, Bauma and Intermat are rotated every three years.

  7. #7equipment fan2007-03-11 17:10

    Conexpo is the biggest show in USA:usa but Bauma is probably the biggest show in Germany and Intermat in France.If anybody of you have pictures of the World of concrete 2007,can you post it??Personally,Conexpo is my prefered show:cool2 Guillaume