Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel problem 580D no rev up

Washoe2 ยท 2009-03-18 20:02

I have a 580D. I dont have much history on it but I have had it for four years and no problems. I used it the other day and I parked it for about an hour and when I went to start it the only way it would start is to have the throttle pushed. It starts good then but it will not rev up at all. With the throttle pushed in it will idle a little above normal and run perfect no miss at allbut will nor rev up. It has new filters and no fuel leak. Book says could be pin on shaft that drives the pump. If it is would it even start. Any idea on what the problem could be I realy don't want to buy a new injector pump.

Replies2
  1. #1Russelln2009-03-18 22:56

    Sounds like you might have air in the fuel system. Did you try bleeding it at the injectors?

  2. #2willie592009-03-18 23:37

    I'd check the fuel lift pump. They can crap out at any time, just like that! Injection pumps usually don't have an immediate failure.