I bought my first backhoe JCB sitemaster 1400b 1989. Has been running well till Saturday. Had a weekend job and on the way there I noticed some power loss then when I turned into job it died and has not started again. Fuel selinoid is good and fuel goes to pump but won't go to injectors when I bleed them. Asked a couple of mechanics who said has to be the pump by a new one but after googling the pump I see rebuild kits and even a thread about hidden filters. So I'm confused and broke down. Can anybody give me a jump off point to get my machine going. Thanks Todd Here is the tag off the pump and motor stamp plus picture of I'd plate on tractor
How do you know the fuel solenoid is good?
How were you bleeding the injectors? You have to loosen the injector line at the injector on one or two (or all of em) then crank the engine like you're trying to start it. Once clean fuel with no bubbles comes out, tighten them up and it should start. Do you have bleeder screws on the injection pump itself? what did those do? When did you change the fuel filters last? Is the tank full?
Welcome to HEF @Mtharv Does the fuel priming pump have a screw on the top of it? Retaining a cover? If so, remove the screw & pull the cover - there is a gauze filter located there which may need cleaning & blocking fuel delivery.
I can hear the selinoid clicking when I put power to it. I have taken it off and manually pushed the actuator to make sure it was not seized up. While it was off I manually pumped the priming pump and fuel shoots out the selinoid hole. Fuel tank is fuel and I have yet to change the fuel filter because one of the guys helping me said that isn't the problem because there is fuel going to pump. Sorry if it takes awhile for my responses I am still figuring out the navigation of this sight and I don't check my phone at my full time job very often because I don't want to be "that guy"
I don't know about a bleeder screw on injection pump I will check and I cracked line at 1 injector and did not get any fuel my battery was a little weak so I have put it on charger and will try again
There is a bleed screw right above the data plate on that injection pump and there should be a second bleed screw on top of the pump. Open both and operate the lift pump until one squirts just diesel no air, close it and pump until the other one is bled then close it. Then you should be able to bleed your injectors if everything is working right.
Thanks I will try tomorrow morning
Unless u ran outta fuel.?? it sounds like the pump seized.?? There IS NO BLEED SCREW by the name plate.{pic} & just because u worked the sol. doesn't mean its getting power all the time.. {short} IF the guts will come out of the solenoid {spring & plunger}, take them out & screw the sol. back in.. THAT will eliminate any electrical problems to/with the pump.. LOOSEN ALL THE LINES at the injectors or as many as u can get to & crank till fuel squirts out.. IF NO FUEL.. take off the INLET fitting going into the back of the inj. pump & fill the cavity w/ fuel.. Now crank the engine a few revs & see if the fuel got sucked down.. IF NO, the pump is locked-up.. IF it DID suck it down, u have something to work with..{rebuildable} Is there a shut off lever on the pump.?? u have a throttle on the top cover.. is there another lever on the TC that might have wiggled to the shut off position.?? check it.. DONT FORGET to PUT THE THROTTLE IN WIDE OPEN when trying to start & TAKE OUT the AIR FILTER.!!!