Does anybody have a picture of a OEM diesel electric fuel pump that went with this payloader. And do you know what the PSI was for it.. or what a replacement could be that's available.
Might help to include what engine is in this Hough as they often installed a variety of different engines. I know on some of the bigger models they could be had with IH diesels, GM diesels or Cummins diesels! And maybe include a picture of the actual machine. The fuel pump might have even been just to prime the system so the PSI might not even be that critical.
No idea on engine except it's diesel
How do you tell?
Post photos of each side of the engine. It won't take long for it to be identified
Both sides
Note: fuel injection removed in picture
Looks like an Allis Chalmers engine that has been transplanted into the loader. I think that someone had added the electric fuel pump as well, as they didn't come with one. You can see that the fan has been converted to an electric unit since the engine no longer lines up with the original shroud.
So basically any 3 psi electric diesel fuel pump will work...? Been trying to make heads and tails out of this tweakerfest
At least you know what you're looking at...i didn't even notice the alignment
Looking at the block I see what looks like a date cast in to the side, is this really a 1958 engine in a 1970's loader? Guess that could say 68 but sure looks like a "5" to me!
Where is your the injection pump.? They have a name plate on them .. I can tell u what engine it is by the np info..
I was going to asking what difference does an electric fuel pump make if you don't have the injection pump. Looks like most if not all the tubes are gone as well.
If you paid more than free, I think you made a mistake. Joe H
I was going to ask why the injection pump was off. Did you even try to start the engine or did you get the machine with pum already removed? If it was removed to have it fixed then if is at a shop that knows what they are doing they should be able to tell you what you need for a supply pump or if one is even needed. It could be that what ever might have been on there was a failed attempt to get the engine to run. I'd take thepumpguysc up on his suggestion of posting the numbers off the pump and find out what the engine really is before going too far. You are going to need to know how to properly time the pump when it is being installed!
I have the injection pump I took it off and get some other things done over there all that stuff was in my way. It does run. Or should I say it runs with help with starter fluid. I'm at work I will add more when I get home
That's a 68 kshansen. And where I'm at...they are priceless lol I had at least 4 offers for it before I even got it home. Including the guy who hauled it... And I paid 1000. Not bad.
It's a cool project. Just going at my own pace. Next up trying to figure out hydraulic filter. How to clean
I would suggest trying to find a manual for this machine. I see one for around $25.00 not sure how good it is but might be worth a chance: https://www.repairmanual.com/product/hough-h-30-payloader-factory-parts-manual-js-ho-p-h-30/
Well I have a few manuals for h30 payloader but none of them are h30 G most for gas not diesel. Does the g matter. Since I can't find mention of G anywhere besides all over the tractor. Can't find nothing online for it
If interested. Roosa Master dbgfc-637-44aj (Pump number)
Thank you...Thank you....Thank you. I was able to identify engine. Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel 262. Used info from here and used serial numbers to narrow down. With year. It took the question about the year and it took the Allis Chalmers information as well as a couple other thanks.
Very ingenious engine swap.
Reminds me of a guy on this forum that replaced an engine in some small Cat loader with a Cummins engine a year or so back. And to keep it on the Hough track, our shop did one if not the first swap of a KT1500 Cummins to replace the original DT817 IH engine in a 560 Hough. I actually have most of the papers and prints that Cummins drew up for that project. Guess calling it a 560 Hough and not a Dresser and a KT1150 as apposed to a K19 dates that project a bit!Papers I have are dated March of 1975!