Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel pump for a John Deere 500A series

tlray ยท 2016-02-08 18:11

Hello, I'm new to the site and even newer to Diesel engines. My JD ran fine when I shut it off, went to start it a week later and no go. Thought I ran it low on fuel so I filled it and cracked fuel lines from fuel pump to injector lines. Getting very little fuel anywhere. Decided it was the fuel pump. My question is; it has a A/C 7919 fuel pump. Can I get this from a NAPA store or will it cost a fortune through John Deere. Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1thepumpguysc2016-02-08 18:23

    That's easy to diagnose.. Just loosen the feed line going into the injection pump and spin the engine.. the fuel should be plenty at that point. I googled "jd 500a lift pump" and got several hits.. Steiners has them for 30 bucks no tax, delivered in 2-3 days to your door.. good price.