Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

front bucket curls back slow ????

novadigger ยท 2016-02-08 22:37

Hi everyone. ..I got a 05 cat 420d with 2500 hrs recently. The machine is in excellent condition , very tight and runs well but the last time I used it for snow removal I noticed that the front bucket curls back slow. Even when empty. .. dumps at the right speed and all other hydraulics function well but the bucket curls back slow. ... I also dug in some ground and it seems to have decent break out force it works slow. I checked all the usual stuff oil level, new filters etc..but can't find any issues . When I curl the bucket it responds as if you are just lightly feathering the control. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated... Thanks in advance.

Replies5
  1. #1caterpillarmech2016-02-09 05:42

    I'd start with the linkage. Ok hold that thought. Do you have the joystick loader controls. Could be a calibration issue.

  2. #2novadigger2016-02-09 20:59

    It is joystick control....

  3. #3caterpillarmech2016-02-12 06:17

    It could be a calibration on your joystick then.

  4. #4ITAMECH612016-02-14 13:07

    hi novadigger if the calibration of the joystic dont result the problen is in the control valve to locate this and look two hoses one above and one down. this hoses enter in a caps in this caps a sccrew gauging the travel of the spolet maybe the problem is and incorrect adjust.

  5. #5novadigger2016-02-14 17:11

    Thanks for the reply everyone.. but the problem just started and it worked fine before so it makes me wonder how it could be s adjustment . Could it go out of adjustment through operation?