Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

fuel pump is out … can I just run an electric inline fuel pump? 2001 Daewoo D25S-3

Wolfowner ยท 2021-07-22 17:59

I'm not real up on all diesel aspects.. Since it appears the fuel pump may be a bear to change out... I am thinking about just modifying the fuel gauge sending unit cover brass disc to a submersible fuel pump with filter.. is this doable with injectors and the diesel motor? I've done it to carbureted Gas engines many times... I see on Amazon they offer a slew of different low pressure fuel pumps... Any particular pressure I need to be shooting for? or is this just not doable at all with injectors... Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Txhayseed2021-07-22 21:41

    Yep you can do that. Do you got the yan mar ?

  2. #2Wolfowner2021-07-22 23:48

    Yan Mar ? no, I have a Daewoo... I'm afraid i might create a run away engine... (2) Diesel Engine Runaway Compilation - YouTube scary stuff.. !!

  3. #3Txhayseed2021-07-23 00:56

    In theory a run away is possible with any fuel system if that perfect storm of events take place. I was asking if it had a yan mar diesel in it.