Hello guys my first post, ive been a fan of this site for some time now. My Question is I need a in the tank Fuel sending unit for my 1977 john deere 410D. Is there a on line parts distributor I can use or some parts parts house you can recomend for my old machine thanks for the help JOE......
have you taken to old unit out and tested..?
Did you try, John deere parts online? https://jdparts.deere.com They still have the Sender avalible from the John Deere dealer. Part# AT160230 for $75.63
No I didn't test it other then, wire off no reading, wire on goes to full and stay's there. thanks for the part number and price.....
IF you can confirm this is the right part number try this. http://www.greenfarmparts.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=at160230 I have been buying lots of JD parts here and they sell online at a discount.
The part number I supplied is correct. Here it is right from the Deere website. There is 2 tank styles for that model, but both use the exact same sender. That is a much better price on greenfarmparts. Edit: Not sure I am allowed to post this picture? Mods, if not just pull it down, and sorry.
I have a Case hoe but several John Deere lawn mowers. I have been ordering lots of mower parts from this place. The local JD dealer here actually sells parts about 5% OVER list price, but no shipping fees. Online this place discounts JD list prices maybe 15%. I have no experience with tractor/back-hoe parts from them but they stock a ton of mower parts and ship the next day normally complete. Freight charges are reasonable and they offer a $40 discount if the order exceeds $500. (You have to call them for instructions) So if what I need is over like $150 it normally cheaper for me to order online and pay freight. With me being out of state they do not charge any sales taxes also. The only challenge is to be SURE you have the part number you need correct. Otherwise you have return freight and restocking fees possibly. The only problem I have with this place is with part numbers that may have changed. If a part number does not come up from the search box, it may mean that the number has changed, and their online system will not find it.