Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Setting Information for D5B w/ 3306

Ferdinand ยท 2018-01-27 22:18

After rebuilding the governor section of my fuel pump, I've been unable to find the referenced "Fuel Setting Information" for my dozer. See several books of this nature on ebay but none seem to cover these machines. Only older obsolete models and 3306 engines used in trucks. Is there an actual publication that covers the D5Bs / 25X machines or some other source where the data can be found? Thanks.

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2018-01-28 00:20

    Easiest thing to do is get the engine serial # & call the local Cat dealer parts dept.. they "MIGHT" give you the info.. That's where I had to get the info on several occasions.. & they don't like doing it..

  2. #2oarwhat2018-01-28 08:36

    There's a number to call for technical help. Unfortunately I'm out of town and don't have the number maybe someone on here has it. I'n not sure if it's from Cat or from my dealer Milton Cat.

  3. #3Old Magnet2018-01-28 11:10

    For the D5B-25xxxx Full Load RPM = 1750 High Idle RPM = 1810 +/- 30 Low idle RPM = 670 +/- 30 Static Rack Setting = 3.15mm

  4. #4Ferdinand2018-01-28 11:58

    Thanks, that's what I was looking for!