Komatsu D21A-6 Serial- 60028 Machine will not neutralize right track when pulling lever. Linkages from left to right appear to have the same movement and relatively close adjustment. Service manual on the way. Any ideas on this condition?
When you get your book, check the steering clutch Release travel. It is adjustable by a bolt and jam nut on the release lever. I'm not sure if you have the dry or wet steer clutch housing. If its the dry housing, remove the drain plug in the bottom and drain off any water. Those steer clutches can rust together if the dozer sits very long. There will be a section in your book for steer clutch release adjustment, I believe there is a distance measurement from the center of the bevel gear case to the outer edge of the release bolt head, something like 121 centimeters(not exactly sure this is the correct amount). This is critical, so make sure the adjustment is accurate before you start pulling the clutch.
Still have not gotten the book. They are dry clutches. Tried our best to free them and were unable after two hours of running. Taking the machine down. Have unbolted the flanges on both sides for the drum. It is loose, but will not raise up out of the machine. I have not been able to get enough clearance between the flanges and drum. Any ideas while I am waiting on a book? Thanks
Sounds as you have stacked friction materials in the clutch assembly. The flanges should move away from the clutch assembly far enough to entail removal, splines my be loaded and not allowing that movement.
You will need to pop the inner drum off its boss and push it into the outer drum to gain enough clearance. If you have a lot of teeth wear in the outer drum it tends to bind trying to push it in. You might need to persuade it with a healthy prybar, but it will come out of there.
We got the machine apart. Any ideas on aftermarket dealers for this machine ( Komatsu D-21A , 60028). Thanks.
DMM Machinery is good, I've heard good things about Kent Baugh, and if you go to komatsupartsbook.com and find your part numbers, it's amazing what is available for them on Amazon and Ebay. I just got a water pump for a D21-6 off ebay from Mottrola USA, and it worked out good. It cost less than half what it would have from DMM, and 12% of the Kommie dealer's price. YMMV, good luck
Bite your tongue mitch504.. How dare you go anywhere but www.dmmsales.com ... I am joking and do understand shopping were it's best BUT dang give me a chance to compete. I've update some of my ebay ads saying that I don't just push parts put also provide support and FREE advise.
Hey, the first thing I said was: " DMM Machinery is good." You were 75% off the Komatsu dealer, and I was going to buy from you, because I know you are reliable and helpful, but, when I saw that their price, I figured I would try it.
Yeah I understand and thank you for the kind words..