Hi all! Anyone tried to use 2 wire fuel stop solenoid instead of 3 wire? I don't see any complications. Only difference is that it will open fuel to the pump as soon as you turn the key to put on contact instead of when you start cranking. I'm talking about external solenoids that mount on the high pressure pump stop/run arm. If anyone had any issues please post them. Thanks.
There's different kinds of solenoids, but if your setup is pull to run, and the two terminal solenoid has the internal switch to open the circuit to the pull in coil, go for it. Some setups are pull to stop and they only have the high current coil since they only pull in for about ten seconds to shut the engine off.
Thanks for the info! I did find one thet was 2 wire, but it wasn't strong enough to pull and awkward to mount. So I found 3 wire replacement. Needed bit of fiddeling to mount, but works nice.