Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Tank Cap:

1693TA · 2022-03-01 03:44

I found in my junk a fuel tank fill cap and I assume for a Caterpillar dozer. It appears to be new, or never used and is branded with the newer "CAT" logo, black in color. I'll get a photo of it later today and post it up. I'd like to get this to someone that could use it as I never will, but first probably should get it identified. I don't remember if there are part numbers stamped or not.

Replies14
  1. #1Queenslander2022-03-01 05:05

    At the moment, we own five different Cat machines of varying ages and Iam sure they have five different fuel caps.

  2. #21693TA2022-03-01 07:12

    Hopefully this thing has a part number on it but seems like there is a card stock tag wired to it. Starting to clean out some shelving and don't have a clue where this came from. This is black, and has a flip over latch IIRC. I'll be out to the shop later today and will snap a photo.

  3. #3JD955SC2022-03-01 13:32

    Black, flip over latch? About four-five inches in diameter? Has either a hole for a breather filter box or one attached? Flip latch turns internal lock that engages filler neck? Metal? Used on a lot of newer machines particularly excavators and dozers. plastic ones about three inches in diameter are used on smaller loaders and other equipment.

  4. #4Shimmy12022-03-03 01:04

    I'll take it if it's a standard cap.

  5. #5epirbalex2022-03-03 04:34

    Unless is has in embossed lettering saying , Buy clean Fuel , keep it clean , it isn't worth a dime .

  6. #61693TA2022-03-03 06:50

    Finally received a new phone last evening. Old one has been jockey around the country thanks to the postal service again. I'll attempt to get a few good photos yet today and post them up. There is no tag as I was thinking, but there seems to be a part number. It takes a lot of time to set one these damned new phones up too. Same model I had but nothing to go with, or transfer from, as the old one won't power up at all. If I were 10 it would probably take less than 1/2 the time.....

  7. #7Metalman 552022-03-03 16:54

    Old style like this one maybe? https://www.ebay.com/itm/4020614505...fOoZrgcGuOfX2aic|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBMtL6unOpf

  8. #81693TA2022-03-03 18:52

    No, it is much newer with the "new" CAT logo. JD955SC's description is pretty close I think.

  9. #91693TA2022-04-17 16:42

    Back to remembering this thing. Here are a few photos:

  10. #10Nige2022-04-17 18:13

    Ask the guy on the D5M thread. He's looking for one right now. See post #25 on Page 2. HeavyEquipmentForums

  11. #11Rickyb19682022-04-17 21:28

    I’m the guy on the D5M thread. Yes sir I need it. Be willing to pay ya for it.

  12. #121693TA2023-03-01 08:13

    Did you ever make the $25.00 donation to either Children's Hospital, or local St. Jude's affiliate for this fuel cap I sent you? I never heard back anything which was our agreement.

  13. #131693TA2023-04-25 08:09

    Still wondering if this donation ever took place? The poster hasn't been back since the 18th of February so who knows?

  14. #14BarisArikan2023-04-25 09:34

    I am spare parts dealler in Turkey, for that cap and the other parts for Construction Machines are available. (For that cap I have no offer because of the donation)