I’ve got an International TD15C, I’m assuming late 70’s early 80’s because I can not find a Serial # anywhere. Had sat for maybe 10 years before I got it running. Got it moved to the farm and have been working on it periodically, it will move forward and back but only if it is idled up some. Found water in transmission oil and drained, where are the trans filters? It doesn’t have them on the side. I have found one under the floor pan and removed it, it is fairly large, there is another filter shaped housing under there with 4 bolts, one in each corner holding it on, is this the second filter? Any strainers or screens I need to check other than the filters? Also how do u remove the hydraulic filter once u have the round cover that surrounds it off? I have the engine running good now aside from 2 leaking injection lines, can’t seem to track down any of those either. Would like To know location of the filters as well as any other check points I need to look at to get it in operating condition. Thanks
The smaller filter with the 4 bolts is the suction screen, its a washable screen, cant remember if it has magnets on it or not, its been a long time away from 15s. The hyd filter should just pull up after you have undone the nut and removed the outer round cover but may take a bit of wriggling to free it up. Maybe just check that there is not a nut on top of it, but from memory the outer cover is what holds it on. There was only 2 fuel filters on them and 2 engine oil filters on them and the inner and outer air filters. It may have a coolant filter fitted to it it was never a standard thing but they like additive in the coolant to stop electrolysis on the liners. Good little dozers in their day, did over 20,000 hrs on 1 x15B & 2 x 15Cs that I was on from new when I worked with a firm back in NZ in the 70ss & 80s.
Thank you, I thought it looked a lot like a filter cartridge just never seen one with 4 bolts holding it on. Also whats best hyd fluid and transmission fluid to run in it? I’ve got all the engine filters changed, new oil, new head, replaced one sleeve and piston, runs really good but haven’t added water to it yet. Only ran it up to operating temp. Also does anyone know where I can find injection lines since I can’t find an engine serial number? Will truck lines work?
We used to run 10 wt in the trans and 10 wt hyd oil in the hydraulics, engine was 30wt back then but I would guess a 15/40 would be the go now days, finals were 80w90 EP. Early model engines had a rotary fuel pump , later ones had in line pump and were DT 466B or later were DT 467. I would think the injector lines would be the same, those motors were in the TD 15, 175 loader, 412 pay scraper, some models of their rubber tyres loaders, back engines in the 433/444 twin engine scrapers and trucks so they were quite common. Presume it has the original motor and not a repower, think the 15 E came out with a different engine from memory.
Does anyone know part #’s to both trans filters? I found a number that matched to a Donaldson on the larger but can’t find a number on the smaller suction filter. Thanks
R.D. GO13 Renners?
Small suction filter I think is a washable screen from memory.
Yeah was at Renners for a long time, late 60s till 94, couple yrs at Swaps on the way thru.
Not sure your TD15C is the same as our 175C but probably is? For our 1987 175C, we use Wix 51181 pressure filters. The suction filter is a steel mesh that just needs cleaning. However, you will probably need O'rings when you reinstall. They are available at the "The O-Ring Store" online. Their part #'s are Suction Part # V75246.....Pressure filter Part # V75429.
The 175 was the loader version of the TD 15 and the 250 was the loader version of the TD 20 in the B C & E models. I think the power train filters are all the same between 175 & TD 15 but HYD might be different due to more HYDS in the system as will the hyd pumps be different due to more oil needed to be pumped around. The 150 was the loader version of the TD 9 B.