well i think i screwed up big time. i own a john deere 333G i own and operate and my truck with the fuel transfer tank was in the shop and i needed to run my loader n it was out of fuel so i used 2 five gallon buckets one was hyguard and other was plus 50. i looked inside the bucket and they both had small amount of oil in it like surface oil. I filled the loader up with it and it ran as usal for awhile. one night it got to acting weak n sluggish i changed the spin on canister fuel filter, the only one i had on hand. machine ran back to normal after changing the filter. Friday i was running it about 50 hours later it got to acting sluggish again and i changed both fuel filter, the primary one was watery and dirty and had some kind of slime like a nasty mucus snot. not sticky by any means. cleaned the canister out with gasoline n got all the dirt n gime etc out blow dry it let it air dry off putted it back on machine start and runs normal sitting there play with loader runs normal and you move the machine (tracks) it runs great for a couple of feet then bogs downs takes awhile to recover and throw code 157.18 low rail pressure well yea fuel filter was clogged up. pulled primary filter off and its clean as it can be so im thinking great i got more slime in the fuel tank n once i move machine it cant keep sucking fuel to run smooth i pumped all the fuel out of the tank with my mechanic rigged lift pump n watched it its clear as it can be until the last 1/8 of a tank it got darker but no slime. i putted 2 gallons back in and i dropped the plate to do a drain from fuel tank n took drain out nothing came out and i put a screwdriver inside drain hole and fuel now came out but its clean. how in the hell am i suppose to get this slime out of my tanks???? or get the pickup screen out and clean it up?
Or you might be extremely unlucky and find that the slime is bacterial. Only a bactericide will kill that.
Well I think I created this slime by mixing 1% of john deere hygard hydrulic oil n 99% diesel fuel I did the experiment today. Results shall be found out tomorrow
I'd be surprised if the oil did anything of this sort. I'd guess you had some water sitting in those buckets that's been "evolving" for a year or so, and that's what caused the issue, or the fuel you put in the buckets was bad to start with. Pressure washing would be my first choice for a plastic tank, steel one too, you just have to be more careful to get it oiled back up sooner.
Sounds to me like it could be a high blend of biodiesel. It was fine in your tank that was in your shop then once it got out in the cold it turned into snot. Just a thought.....
You prolly gots water in it, oil should dissolve in the fuel, lessn you are using that filthy biodiesel... I'd get some water dispersant, or Diesel 911, and put that into the tank. You may have to go through a coupla filter changes, to sop up the film, as it forms. What have the temps been in your area, while all this is goin on?
I just took the lid off of this bucket of Hygard that was unsealed for some time. Seems to be a bunch of water and slime blobs (dark specks) on the bottom. Ignore the reflection of clouds and my iPhone.
Mine was a brand new bucket it was t even a week old after changing the oil hyd and engine oil in our tractors. The tractors and truck n loader (the one I'm having issues with) run on same fuel out of same tank loader is the one with issue I'm not pulling the tank out. It sit under the moter and hyd. Tank a deere 333G is a compact track loader its plastic I have poured some powerservice treatment in it cant tell if it helps or not it anit cold enough for it to gel up. I think the suction line have a screen n its is stuck on it. I can air hose n blow it off then itll be an issue again I disconnect the suction line on top of the fuel tank n pumped it out with a old fass lift pump n pumped it into my old 01 dodge truck it been running perfect all day l. I watched the fuel as it get pumped. Its was clean as it can be until the last 1/8 of a tank I pumped into a bucket. Was dark red n no slob came out that way
Ok. I flushed the tank 3 times nothing but clean fuel came out. I putted power service tank cleaner designed to break down slime sludge and water no luck. Here's a video of it running playin with the loader. Soon as it starts boggling I let go of the controls
Is there by chance a smaller in line strainer before the fuel filters ? Ran into this on a Deere grader before and it gave us fits and the same kind of symptoms your having. Check your parts book.
might have a filter sock thats fulla that crap, at the end of the fuel p/u hose. also might be having a bleed issue in the inj pump...
Joe, I had a similar with a JD4045-285 engine. Pull the pressure sensor of the fuel rail and check for crud. Mine was biofuel mixed diesel and had to replace the sensor. $1600 later the JD tech said he had seen a lot of this and to use a good fuel system cleaner ( not to be confused with injector cleaner ) every 250 hours. The fuel system on my engine is Denso and the pressure sensor is underneath the rail.
Here's the kicker one mechanic said it sounds like the hydraulic pump is bogging it down. I took filter off. It was dirty. On my way to get new deere hyd filters.
I took a air hose n blew it down the line on top of the tank. It blew nice and perfect n I did it every tank flush
Did you check for an in line filter ?
No I did not on the machine and I did look on the parts diagram on the internet whike I was looking at fuel tank lines so I know what lines does what however it did not show an inline filter. I will definitely have deere look that up on their computer
For those that are watching this thread, i changed the hyd. filter n putted a new one on it does run way better and move nice and it did bog down once but it didnt kill the moter and i dumped the hyd oil from the filter in a clean pan n got to thinking took a magnet to the oil and it got metal in the oil scince i got limited warrenty on the machine its goin to the shop.
Save the filter and take it in with the machine ,might give the shop a clue where to look. good luck Bob
That's exactly what I did along with the oil pan I dumped out of the filter soon as they go throu my machine n see what they find I'm taking my attachment up there n have em flush it
Wise thing to do since its under warranty...
Well they said break in period. The metal is normal. Sent oil samples off n putted new hyd oil in it. It is confirmed that theres alge still in the fuel gas anyone ever used alge treatment?? Thinking about trying this bio kleem to shock it. I used clear diesel with anti gel today. Burned an entire tank of fuel till fuel light came on was trying to decide to top it off or fill half a tank with these fuel additives every full up till I feel comfortable it ran great all day in 5 degrees F died once. Restarted it died at an idle sitting there for bout 5 seconds started it 3rd time n revved it to get loader raised did again. I Looked at the primary fuel filter. Clean as it can be putted it back in n restarted it. Ran perfectly fine after that any tips, ideas and suggestions no the tank not coming out not in the question engine sit on top of it. Have to pull engines before tank
Besides the fuel issue, does your machine have high flow? The metal in the hydraulic oil concerns me. Do you have pictures of the metal? If your machine has high flow and your serial number is lower than 1T0333GMCHF307511 then there may be a high flow pump failure starting. There was a mandatory product improvement program for the 333G that required high flow pump replacement due to case hardness being inadequate. Have your dealer reference solutions 108539 and 110449.
Yes it does have high flow I did not know of the issue you seem very knowledgeable on highflow. Would running a tree shear be hard hard on a high flow I did it one day. Boy it moves way faster and more efficient to me No I do not have pictures of the metal. Scince it was under warranty I gave the old filter to them and they cutted the filter n didbr find anything that alarmed them. We are currently waiting to hear back on the oil samples they sent off.
Them two serial number are pretty darn different
So long as the flow requirements of the shear are within the flow parameters of the machine it should be fine. As far as your serial number you should have the updated pump and the dealer solution numbers I gave you would not apply.
The shear is just 2 huge cylinder deere calve me n said oil samples is normal.for low hours break in period
i ended up shocking the fuel systems and pretty sure i got the alage cleaned out and the hyd. oil being tested shows normal.
Ahh! Good old “biologicals”!!!
I like your optimism... My previous experiences with biological contamination were that you never got 100% of it at the first go-round and always had to circle back about 1 month after the first treatment to give it another hit.
Just run it nonstop for a month - it’ll go away!!! And I know that additives not much help either!
Well.i kinda made my own treatment out of 3 different stuff but made by the same company n ran it during the polar vortex we had about 2 weeks ago. Mercy it was cold alright n now i got DEF issues n created another thread about doin the delete because im not a fan putting soot back into an clean engine
Thank you guys for tips and advice
There’s company somewhere in Lithuania I think, that sells emissions emulators. Google: heavy equipment emulator or something like that.
Yes I changed alot of filters. I got some special addictive hard to find expensive as hell n got the fuel problem taken care of. Had no more issues. As for the hydraulic I had the high flow on running the tree shear trying to speed up production well i stopped doin that n just run it on standard flow. No more issues