Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel Transfer Tanks

River Hill ยท 2003-12-31 08:20

I did not know where to put this post so I figured this would be the best place. I am looking at fuel transfer tanks. I need somthing that has the capacity of approx. 50 gallons. I received the new Northern Tool catalog yesterday. They have some that incorporate a tool box in them. The idea looks pretty good. Has anyone used one of these or have a brand they suggest? I guess the most important part is the pump. Are there anyones that are better than others?

Replies2
  1. #1donlang2003-12-31 19:01

    In Pennsylvania, you can get a transfer tank at Tractor Supply, or Central Tractor. Northern Hydraulics has great stuff, althought I think you can find better pricing more locally. As to the pump, buy whatever you can get service or parts for, easily. See if it is compatable with an automatic shut off nozzle (some aren't). Also, see how much hose you can use with it. Some pumps restrict the hose size and length. Gasboy or Tuthill pumps have been very servicable for me in the past. Spend the money and buy a good one..........once again: you get what you pay for.

  2. #2N.B.CONCRETE2004-03-31 08:32

    Get an Wheatherguard L- shaped tank that fits infront and under your toolbox.I have been running them for years and love'em. Wrong pic.I'll have to find it.I'll shoot another one if i can't find it.