Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Fuel/Water Sediment bowl replacement

colson04 ยท 2025-05-27 17:35

I've got a Ford L8000 that has a cracked fuel water separator bowl. The cartridge is a FS1247 (NAPA 3211) that uses a separate plastic bowl. Napa says they don't sell that style replacement sediment bowl. I'm having trouble finding a replacement. The only one I found was on ebay as a NOS Ford part (E7HZ9A343A) and I'm not 100% that's right. I'm not against getting the NOS part, but I don't believe no one else is making new filter bowls for these cartridges. The NAPA guy said a 3211 filter is extremely common and they sell quite a few of them, so where are the replacement bowls? I can find lots of listing for the filter element, but none show the filter bowl as a commonly associated part. What are my other options?

Replies9
  1. #1crane operator2025-05-27 19:41

    A picture would help, but are you looking for this style, with the filter above the bowl? Racor has a pretty good online book. https://www.amazon.com/Separator-Assembly-%E2%94%82Replacement-%E2%94%82Replaces-20386081/dp/B0BFJK9BD8?crid=3LJ58KE9T4PX5&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.kKFXKSbzQlvtKq7DMKT6WmMfi8S2hXz4YMUJAd5PnwXbbjTMGjJXqMmedMzAJiAq3lZISYsty9IFQtGJSx9SvEgbyzMI6CExXf_7ju1jOjK_hYVV-vn7HhzwcpM3IedvQuN8xO8rpsGRI0xYa6wDt1v5pasaFSs2J5KSInyORWwPHN98Uy47IdXb5I17nbLZ3TG4Lt8SxayeclBpzVruxNLzBDUWdSLli8ENbn-9U9w.q4o79EwHpeuft_ragFNq8T9drfDizPxKoJGi8hgtvjk&dib_tag=se&keywords=racor+diesel+fuel+water+separator&qid=1748388955&sprefix=racor+diesel+fuel+w%2Caps%2C125&sr=8-22

  2. #2colson042025-05-27 19:54

    This style with the threads in the middle. I had a moment to clean more crud off of it and it does say Racor on it, but no part number

  3. #3willie592025-05-27 20:34

    Alternative listed at Wix website is 33426, direct replacement and does not require the water drain bowl. 3426 would be the Napa number. > https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/wix/wix-fuel-water-separator-filter/wix0/33426

  4. #4willie592025-05-27 21:01

    If you wish to have the bowl, the Racor cross reference is filter #PFF830 which uses a PFRK20567 metal bowl or PFRK21057 plastic bowl. Racor is now part of Parker Hannifin.

  5. #5crane operator2025-05-27 21:03

    I thought a racor 20135 looked close.

  6. #6Truck Shop2025-05-27 21:11

    3426--the reason for it -is your issue, those were known to crack. Freightliner has a similar filter with bowl and also offers a spin on that doesn't use it. Toss it and use the 3426.

  7. #7colson042025-05-27 21:14

    I was hoping there was a single use replacement. I'm not married to the bowl, I just need it to work and not leak. Thanks for the part number @Truck Shop and @willie59

  8. #8willie592025-05-27 21:17
  9. #9colson042025-05-28 19:34

    3426 swapped in this afternoon and life is good again. For now. This truck got a replacement fuel tank a couple weeks back and we quickly realized it wasn't as clean internally as we thought. I have since dropped the tank and cleaned it, and swapped out 3 sets of fuel filters. Hoping I have it sorted out finally.