Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Full Size CTL’s

therealjohnboy ยท 2008-09-21 08:12

I am looking to move up to a larger machine from my New Holland C175 CTL Have been looking at the John Deere CT332, New Holland C185, Tak TL150 and now the Komatsu C35 I like them all but CTL's are relatively new in Oz so after some feedback from an older market. I want pilot controls and A/c to make it comfy as i spend about 12hrs a day in the cab. Would love to here your thoughts and opinions I haven't included the Bobcat T300 as the pilot controls are sad as is the A/c. Anyway fill my thread with info. Cheers John

Replies11
  1. #1Sandhills-elect2008-09-21 08:34

    I know nothing about the others but you are right on about the bobcat. Now the T150 Tak is a tank at 101hp that is just a small dozer for sure, my advice is to go demo them. I have a tak and like the pilot controls on it. Nothing can be more fun than running around operating different machines. Good luck Brent.

  2. #2Squizzy246B2008-09-21 08:47

    Have you asked Cav when the xx9 series CTL's will be available down under?? http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=236362&x=7

  3. #3therealjohnboy2008-09-21 09:11

    not yet its too early to say what they'll be like seem to be a few horror stories on here with the c series cab i dont want to be a guinee pig again i had the fist T190k in Aus and had dramas and the First C175 deluxe cab new series and always seem to have afew issues would just love to buy a new tool and work it nstead of helping iron out bugs for the factory am very happy now just dont want to do it again

  4. #4Squizzy246B2008-09-21 09:30

    I agree, the "C" series MTL should have the bugs worked out of it soon...and the CTL really is just proven technology. When I was in a partnership arrangement we got a new 301.8C.....that thing ended up rebuild from the ground up. Lots of Takeyourhoochies getting around over here...haven't heard anything bad apart from the rough as guts ride. One of the biggest factors for me is the dealers. We have BT Equipment (Mustang), Cat, Case and the rest of the dealerships seem to change hands more often than I change me jocks......doesn't fill me with confidence. I can also see those new Case machines developing a good rep for themselves although I'm not real fond of the cabs. Should be a good solid performer.

  5. #5therealjohnboy2008-09-22 08:04

    They run the same undercarriage as the N/H due to being tied in with the Fiat/Kobelco/New Holland/Case incest but its a shame about the wonky case controls nice and light but just cant beat pilot joysticks maybe that'll be an option one day. Plus rear visibility is ordinary in the case. Cabs have become too pretty, instead of functional and comfortable, it seems that it is a competion as to who can jam the most crap in there with the operator. I'd settle for a quiet sealed cab decent radio and capable A/C who needs 84 buttons and 9 gauges it is all computer fail safed now anyway. My N/H C175 is the best I've driven so far but even it is a little over the top. I reckon I could design a better machine its just they would cost 4x as much but wouldn't it be nice to have 100hp and 2ton lift in a 60hp frame silky smooth accuate controls and A/C that can throw ice cubes out of the vents on a 200 degree dayor am I asking too much?? A boy can only dream.

  6. #6sandnsnow2008-09-22 08:29

    If you thinking about buying a Tak 150, I would suggest buying a mustang. They are made by tak and you can get high flow for vary little more. They are the exact same machine. GEHL is also the same machine, but hard to get high flow. The mustang is way cheaper too.:beatsme The AC is awesome. But I have to say the defroster sucks. The window rattles enough to want to kick it out and the ride does need improving. If you want to improve the ride you will have to change that bullit proof undercarrage and I am not ready for that yet:drinkup

  7. #7Sandhills-elect2008-09-22 08:33

    My gehl- Tak is one of the simplest machines i think to work on. I have had the cab up on mine and done some cleaning and filter changes and anyone with a have little knowledge of equipment could work on them. They are hydraulic over hydraulic pilot controls not electric or hydraulic. About as simple as it gets now day. If a persons keeps those dam mice out of thing it sure helps alot, that is why i like the nice flip up cab to inspect and see what is going on, and clean thing out. Good luck Brent.

  8. #8Digdeep2008-09-22 14:46

    You might want to throw the ASV PT100 into the mix as well. 100hp, 11.5mph, 38gpm @ 3650psi, suspension,, decent ROC and lift height, narrow at 69". I remember reading a post some time ago that spoke of quite a few ASV machines being sold in Australia. In any case it would be best to demo all of them to make sure they fit your needs. Good luck.

  9. #9stumpjumper832008-09-22 16:17

    Get upgraded air seat in the tak, smooths out the ride quite a bit. But don't take my word for it, go demo one.

  10. #10Sandhills-elect2008-09-22 17:35

    I have the air ride seat so i don't think they ride all that bad with it. Way better that a wheel machine. Not as good as the Cat and ASV but you pay for that ride one way or another, and nothing can make a person as mad as haveing that nice ride sit in the shop and look at you when it is broke down. Brent.:drinkup

  11. #11KSSS2008-09-22 23:46

    CASE offers pilot controls as does NH. The machines come standard with Servo controls, pilots are an option. The two systems were developed independent of each other and so don't assume that because they built in the same factory that they have the same feel.