Dad and i are new to the quick attach hydraulics on the skid steer. I was able to get some funny video watching my dad try and hook up the hydraulics.[video=youtube;Gm5ZIs2TvY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm5ZIs2TvY4[/video]
That just ain't right makin fun of your elders .........................remember you are getting old by the day................
Yeah, I know. I felt bad while I was watching...then i started laughing.. He has seen it and gotten a good laugh out of it as well. We try and not take ourselves too seriously since we are just starting out and new to the equipment.
hey looks like you have joysticks. how do u like them? what did you grow up on? what pattern do you use?
i love the joysticks and would recommend them. I started off operating an excavator so the joysticks are more natural to me. I use the standard catapillar pattern.
If you look on the dash, there is a Hydraulic Pressure Release button. Press and hold the button and shut off the engine. Hold for about 5 seconds after the engine has stopped. This will release the pressure in the auxiliary hydraulic lines. You can then hook up the auxiliary hydraulic hoses. You can also have problems if the last time you used the attachment the weather was cold and now the temp is high. The oil in the attachment expands as it warms up and will build pressure in the attachment. This can make it almost impossible to get the couplers to latch. The solution is to loosen a coupler on the attachment and let a little oil out. Re-tighten the coupler and then try to attach it to the loader.