Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Funny thing with the hay field.

oldtanker ยท 2013-09-17 17:51

I haven't posted on the ag page here much if at all. But I am restarting the family farm. My youngest daughter and her husband live up the hill from us. The SIL has 3 brothers. The oldest is a jerk in the truest sense of the word . I just found out about this last week. Last year he rented 120 acres and planted oats as a nurse crop for alfalfa thinking he could force the landlord to continue renting to him until the alfalfa died off . This spring the retired farmer landlord told him nope ointhead. I've still got my equipment . I'm going to harvest it and sell it . If you need hay this year give me a call:notworthy! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!:beatsme Rick

Replies3
  1. #1old12013-09-17 20:24

    WOW, That is a lot of information in one paragraph. With all that going on; maybe You could start one of those "Reality Shows". The TV networks pay good money just to follow people's lives. Maybe you could call it, Life in the Hayfield. Have a good one Old1

  2. #2mitch5042013-09-17 20:35

    Thanks OT, it does my heart good to hear about some jerk getting his, even better if he's one of these that thinks he's smarter just cause he's 40 years younger.

  3. #3oldtanker2013-09-18 00:52

    Old1, Nope ain't gonna do it. No TV cameras for me! It's just too funny not to pass on for others to enjoy. Mitch, yep been my experience that the guys like this get theirs in the end. Yea he's about 30 and thinks he knows it all. I guess he even went and talked to lawyer wanting to sue the landlord. I ain't much respect for a guy like that. Rick